Details: Competitive conditions and salary
The Women’s Initiatives for Gender Justice is an international women’s human rights organisation that advocates for gender justice within peace processes and through the investigation and prosecution of sexual and gender-based crimes by the International Criminal Court (ICC) and through domestic courts. We work with women and communities most affected by the Situations and armed conflicts under ICC investigation.
In operation since 2004, WI has legal monitoring programmes and extensive country-based programmes working with local women’s rights actors and peace. Our current priority countries are Uganda, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and Libya. We have offices in the Netherlands and Uganda.
With more than 6,000 grassroots members in across multiple armed conflicts situations - most of whom are gender justice advocates and victims/survivors - along with a large number of regional and international allies. Together with our partners and others we are supporting a global movement for gender justice through peace building, reconciliation and accountability.
This position performs the financial functions for the Women’s Initiatives for Gender Justice and reports directly to the Executive Director.
• Strong skills and a minimum of five years financial experience;
• HBO level book-keeping qualification as well as advanced level accounting qualifications in or equivalent to WO, PDB (Praktijk Diploma Boekhouden) and SPD (Staatspraktijkdiploma bedrijfsadministratie) are required.
• A high level of familiarity with Exact Online needed.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
• Sound and significant experience in developing budgets, preparing quarterly financial reports and end of year accounts;
• Excellent skills in oral and written English, an understanding of Dutch and/or French is also an asset. The working language of the organisation is English.
• Ability to work quickly and with a high level of productivity;
• Knowledge of tax and insurance laws in the Netherlands is an asset;
• Experience working with a non-profit organization is desirable, private sector experience is welcomed;
• Strong communication skills and a team player;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Flexible with the ability to multi-task and deal with a solid volume of information; Ability to work under-pressure, meet deadlines and prioritise work;
• Strong computer skills, experience with Small Business Server 2003,
• Sound judgment and a mature approach to the professional work environment.
• Maintain the financial systems for the organisation in-line with best practices and the organisations financial policies;
• Conduct the book-keeping and data-entry tasks;
• Carry out the monthly payments in line with the payment protocol;
• Liaise with our accountants for the monthly salaries and ensure timely and accurate payments to vendors and partners; • Provide cash flow projections and maintain the petty cash system;
• Produce monthly financial management reports for the Executive Director;
• Produce financial management reports for the bi-annual Board meetings;
• Produce quarterly and annual financial reports for our donors ensuring compliance with the donor contracts, best practices and our financial policies;
• Quarterly review of receipts and financial reports from our Uganda Office and partners along with reconciliation of these expenditures with transfers;
• Co-ordinate the annual audit of accounts and liaise with the auditors to ensure the process is efficient, thorough and timely;
• Assist and advise on the development of the annual budget;
• Provide the budget and other finance documents for the development of funding applications for donors;
• Provide financial advice and assistance to staff who manage specific budget areas;
• Implement and comply with internal financial controls in line with best practices, the organisations finance policies, recommendations from our auditors and decisions made by the Board;
• Manage financial aspects of the donor files and contracts
Level of Language Proficiency
The working language of the organisation is English.
Minimum Education Required