Everytown is a movement of Americans working together to end gun violence and build safer communities. Gun violence touches every town in America. For too long, change has been thwarted by the Washington gun lobby and by leaders who refuse to take common sense steps that will save lives.
But something is changing. More than 5 million mayors, moms, cops, teachers, survivors, gun owners, and everyday Americans have come together to make their own communities safer. Together, we are fighting for the changes that we know will save lives.
What’s the Role?
As Senior Investigative Counsel, located in NYC, you will run long term research and investigative projects relating to the firearms industry and gun lobby.
In this role, based in NY you will:
- Help direct the strategic planning and oversight of research and investigations relating to the firearms industry and gun lobby
- Be responsible for detailed financial, legal and political analysis
- Coordinate with outside firms, including outside counsel.
- Interface and work cross functionally with Everytown Teams, including litigation and enforcement (https://everytownresearch.org/issue/litigation)
You will have:
- A J.D. and strong academic credentials
- A minimum of 8 years prosecutorial or other similar legal/investigative experience, including supervising/running teams
- A minimum of 5 years leadership experience
- Ability to understand and connect complex financial and business records, transactions, and relationships
- Familiarity with mastering federal and state regulatory regimes
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively collaborate
- Experience managing multiple projects in a fast-moving environment and deliver timely and high-quality work
- Desire to work in a sometimes-hectic, open plan office
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Minimum Education Required