126 High Street
Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Digital Communications Specialist.
The Digital Communications Specialist is an important member of the Strategic Israel Engagement (SIE) team who creates engaging materials and supports SIE’s goals to inform, engage, and empower the Greater Boston community in support of Israel. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who is highly informed about Israel and has outstanding written communications and social media skills to create positive visibility and awareness for our diverse range of programs.
The successful candidate will oversee our israel360 website and mobile application, as well as, our Boston Partners for Peace website. This includes researching and curating content, developing polls, scheduling guest speakers for ‘Ask Me Anything’ online Q&A sessions, and hosting podcasts with interesting guests. He or she will also develop a robust social media marketing strategy to drive users to our websites and download our app. Additionally, the Digital Communications Specialist will oversee our social media feeds on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. The successful candidate will have excellent written communication skills to draft content for newsletters, emails, websites and other mediums. Finally, he or she will help curate news for our Daily News Roundup and develop a strategy to grow the distribution list.
The Digital Communications Specialist reports directly to the Associate Vice President SIE, and works collaboratively with staff across CJP, as well as community partners.
· Oversee israel360 website and mobile application, including researching content, booking Israel-related speakers, and hosting podcasts and online Q&A sessions
· Oversee Boston Partners for Peace website, blog, and social media feeds
· Work with our technical partners to maintain and upgrade israel360 web, app, and podcasts
· Design and implement strategic, goal-driven social media campaigns, to promote SIE’s programs and goals
· Track and review the success of social media campaigns with the SIE team
· Draft content for newsletters, emails, websites and other mediums
· Curate news for the Daily News Roundup and develop a strategy to grow the distribution list
· Perform special projects and other duties as assigned, including event support.
· Perform other duties as required or assigned by manager with or without accommodation.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 1-2 years of experience in communications
· 1-2 years of experience with social media and/or web design
· Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
· Proven proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite, and other social media platforms and tools
· Experience managing and supporting websites
· Video editing skills
· Self-motivated, able to problem solve, and willingness to learn
· Team player who can build relationships and foster partnerships, both internal and external
· Proactive, hands-on approach, as well as a professional work ethic
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop a bonus
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
· Availability for occasional evening and/or weekend events/meetings
· Occasionally requires travel to outside meetings and sites
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2012840
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.