CASA of San Mateo County is looking for an experienced human services professional with exceptional interpersonal skills. The Program Director position is a multifaceted position.
Job title: Program Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Type of position: Full-time
Hours: 40/week Exempt
The Program Director provides professional support to Program Managers, Program Associates, and Peer Supervisors ensuring that CASA Volunteers involved with the program receive excellent support and sound guidance. The Program Director works with community partners such as Social Services, Probation and the Courts to create and facilitate effective relationships and awareness of the program. The Program Director works closely with direct reports to create a sense of empowerment for Peer Supervisors and CASA Volunteers. The Program Director serves on the Management Team and represents program interests to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, interview, orient, train and supervise program personnel, including Program Managers, Program Associates, Peer Supervisors, and program interns
- Provide case consultation with CASA Volunteers; Program Managers and Peer Supervisors and participate in case conferences
- Field complaints, mediate and problem solve around difficult case issues
- Modify program personnel position descriptions, conduct regular performance evaluations and maintain personnel files
- Review monthly time sheets
- Review and approve PTO requests (review office coverage including during training)
- Review monthly supervisor caseload reports
- Prepare monthly program reports
- Participate in Management Team Meetings providing program perspective and feedback from Program Managers, Peer Supervisors and CASA Volunteers
- Participate in short and long term planning meetings
- Meet regularly with Program personnel and Peer Supervisors
- Identify and problem solve processes that impact the effectiveness of the Program
- Communicate with Program Managers about changes in training, program and policy.
- Ensure policies and procedures are updated in the Program Manager Manual
- Work with the Executive Director and the Management Team around program needs including staffing, budget, training, education, outcome objectives, policy changes, and process development
- Participate in collaborative and community meetings as identified by the Executive Director
- Develop and implement measurable outcome objectives
- Review and/or write quarterly and annual program reports
- Support Volunteer and Training Coordinator and Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator to increase the number and diversity of trainees.
- Evaluate changes within Social Services, the Courts or child welfare laws for impact to the program and new ways of advocating and training Program Managers and CASA Volunteers.
- Initiate and/or maintain tracking systems
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with a minimum of two years management experience
- Demonstrated management skills
- Open Minded
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative Team Player
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Cheerful flexibility and sense of humor
- Passion for children and families
- Available on weekends and evenings, as needed
- Knowledge of San Mateo County
- Previous experience working with volunteers and knowledge and understanding of child abuse and neglect, families in crisis, and other social services skills
- Case management skills
CASA offers comprehensive benefits and competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience
- To apply for the position, please email your resume and a cover letter with the subject heading Program Director to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please no phone calls about the position.
CASA offers comprehensive benefits and competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required