YoungMoms is a non-profit organizations serving pregnant and parenting young women between the ages of 13 to 21 inSouthern Chester County, PA. YoungMoms inspires and equips teen moms to build thriving futures for themselves and their families through a combination of:
· Individualized support and advocacy
· One-to-one mentoring with positive adult role models
· Comprehensive case management services
· Monthly “Club” meetings with dinner and life skills instruction and opportunity to build relationships with peers in similar life circumstances
· Parenting education and development
· Educational and vocational assistance
Job Summary: YoungMoms Communications and Development Coordinator:
The YoungMoms Communications and Development Coordinator would be responsible for developing and expanding communication through a variety of channels, as well as supporting other fundraising and development activities. This individual would oversee design and copy for marketing materials including the annual report and brochures, and would oversee communication through social media channels, website, and email. In addition, the Coordinator would maintain the overall development calendar and assist with development activities, including organizing and overseeing fundraisers, cultivating relationships with sponsors and donors, designing and mailing funding appeals, and some grant writing. This position requires someone with expertise in writing engaging stories for print, website, direct appeals, and social media, and experience in website maintenance, design software, and fundraising.
· Create and maintain overall Development Calendar in which grant activity, communication media, fundraisers, and appeals are recorded and monitored
· Manage social media outlets including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter - post to sites in accordance with editorial calendar, track posts, and monitor engagement.
· Manage website including updating website content, and monitoring engagement and search engine optimization
· Design and distribute monthly e-newsletters
· Research and cultivate relationships with foundation funding prospects
· Write grant proposals and reports
· Monitor public relations
· Oversee design, development and distribution of print media including Annual Report and brochures
· Oversee and manage photography for use on social media, print media, and website.
· Oversee design, copywriting, and distribution of annual appeals including the summer and year-end mailings
· Organize and oversee fundraisers including the annual Brunch Fundraiser
· Work with Executive Director in cultivation and stewardship of sponsors and donors.
· Work with Executive Director in addressing Key Initiatives identified in the Fund Development Plan and the Marketing Plan
· Generate monthly, quarterly and annual reports on marketing and development activities and results
· Attend monthly “Club” and other YoungMoms events and functions (virtual for now)
· Attend staff meetings and training programs.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
· Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills
· Experience in marketing and development with the following specific skills:
-----expertise in writing engaging stories and print, website, direct appeals, and social media experience in website maintenance and digital marketing
-----experience in writing grant proposals
-----ability to create engaging and interesting print and media, and knowledge of Adobe or other design software
-----experience planning and organizing fundraisers
· Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, make thoughtful decisions, and meet multiple deadlines
· Excellent organizational and computer skills
· Familiarity with Mac-based technologies a plus
· Possess a valid driver’s license and transportation
YoungMoms is a non-profit organizations serving pregnant and parenting young women between the ages of 13 to 21 inSouthern Chester County, PA. YoungMoms inspires and equips teen moms to build thriving futures for themselves and their…