200 SW Market St.
CHNW is a not-for-profit organization that was started by students to support students in the areas of housing, academic success & personal development. As a community, we accomplish this mission by employing the shared cultural values of competence, collaboration, autonomy and positive impact. This is about innovation, constant evolution and development. Our employment positions are not static, and we fully expect that all staff will be learning, gaining skills and strengthening abilities to move up or out in the quest to make the world a better place.
Job Title: Employee Services Specialist
Supported by: Sr. Employee Services Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week - 1.0 FTE
The Employee Services Specialist will be responsible for performing the day to day administrative tasks for Employee Services. This role will have a vital part in ensuring the smooth operation and organization of our employee experience. This role has a significant cross-collaboration element requiring the Specialist to work with all CHNW staff, managers, directors, board members, and individual stakeholders throughout the organization.
Essential Job Functions
The information provided below encompasses the functions and capabilities linked with this position.
Responsible for providing support to the Employee Services department and related functions:
- Provides support to the Sr. Employee Services Manager on annual processes related to hiring, training, benefits and payroll administration, performance management, and other human resources functional areas
- First point of contact for the Employee Services department
- Oversees the Employee Services email account and phone line
- Effectively answers questions and helps both internal and external contacts troubleshoot employee related inquiries and issues
- Inputs and maintains accurate employee data and record keeping in all employee-related systems
- Responsible for the creation, running, and distribution of various reports related to CHNW and the Employee Services department
- Assists Sr. Employee Services Manager with projects and tasks related to Employee Services, organization initiatives, strategic goals, processes, the creation and maintenance of company policies and procedures
- First point of contact for all employee safety related policies, procedures and accidents
Administers processes and programs related to the full employee lifecycle:
- Assists the Sr. Employee Services Manager in the full employee life cycle management process, including recruitment, hiring, onboarding and offboarding of all CHNW employees
- Contributes to the creation, coordination, and facilitation of staff training, including annual compliance training
- Creates and maintains CHNW employment content for recruitment efforts, including on the CHNW website
- Ensures successful functionality and maintenance of all applicant tracking, employee record keeping, and training systems
Assist Sr. Employee Services Manager with administering performance management processes and systems:
- Ensures the successful maintenance and administration of performance management processes, including staff training and goal setting
- Enforces and maintains CHNW policy and procedures related to job performance and employee conduct
- Assist Sr. Employee Services Manager with compiling and analyzing state, local, and federal guidelines and policies to protect the business and CHNW employees.
- Performs job evaluations, reviews and updates position documents and processes as needed
Serves as the first point of contact and ensures the administration of employee payroll, 401K, and benefits:
- Administers and maintains company payroll and 401k
- Prepares and completes semi-monthly payrolls, and assists with 401k deductions
- Administers and maintains company benefits and workplace tools policies and procedures
- Handles the day to day functions of benefits administration, including eligibility and enrollment, employee communication/education, and prepares all benefit related payables
- Works with customers and vendors on inquiries and troubleshooting
Performs additional duties as assigned
This position will be open until filled.
College Housing Northwest is proud to be committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce that drives innovation and opens access to various perspectives, ideas and backgrounds. As part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, College Housing Northwest provides equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic background, or any characteristic that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
CHNW’s full-time employee benefits include medical and dental, Health Flexible Spending Account, 401K match up to 5% of your salary, 15 paid vacation days a year, 9 paid holidays a year which include two floating holidays of your choice, as well as a generous amount of sick time to allow our employees to return to work as their healthy, happy and productive selves.
Learn more about us, including the communities we serve and the benefits we offer at http://chnw.org/
Level of Language Proficiency
Education & Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field
- 2-3 years of related experience, preferably in a customer service related environment
The individual in this position is expected to possess and utilize their:
- Attention to Detail Skills: You notice and remember the nuances and tap those details in order to work effectively
- Organization Skills: You can manage multiple deadlines and priorities simultaneously
- Critical Thinking Skills: When something doesn’t work, you are able to either fix the problem or find an effective and efficient work-around
- Customer Service Skills: You have proven experience delivering exceptional customer service in high-stress situations
- Confidential Skills: You understand the importance of confidentiality and know when information of the highest level requires the utmost care and discretion
- Technical Skills: You get technology and have strong computer and systems skills, and are able to learn new technologies as needed
- Communication Abilities: You absorb and process what you hear and see quickly and communicate relevant information in a manner that is readily understood by the intended audience, including customers and team members. You’re able to write, read, speak, and understand English
- Administrative Skills: You have tact and the ability to work with the highest levels of the organization. You are able to remain focused and record appropriate notes and minutes during meetings and events
Majority of work is completed in a general office environment with exposure to moderate levels of noise in a well-lit, well-ventilated and fast-paced environment; continuously required to read a computer screen. Travel is required 10% or less but will vary depending on future expansion projects.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please visit: https://chnw.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=78