Details: $15.50/hour starting
280 Saunders Road
Full-time position – Sunday (11am – 5pm); Monday through Thursday (8am – 4pm)
About the Position
Make a difference in the lives of people with developmental and intellectual disabilities! Join our outstanding staff for an exciting full-time position in a robust organization. Under the direction of the Program Supervisor/REACH Program Supervisor plan and lead group activities, community service projects, volunteer projects and other life skill training areas for program. This position provides 1:1 support for the REACH Day Program. Assist in the completion of assessments, reports and daily progress notes. Continually supervise and be actively involved with the member(s) in their assigned group. Drive Center and Pace vehicles and transport members. Serve as appropriate role model for members. Act in a professional manner; show respect to all members, parents/family members, staff and stakeholders. Observe member rights, confidentiality and practice a person-centered philosophy.
About the Organization
Since 1968, The Center for Enriched Living (CEL) has ensured that people with developmental disabilities are included in the community, achieve personal success and enjoy a good quality of life. When you join #TeamCEL, you are part of a growing, robust organization, recently named one of twenty standout nonprofits by Chicago Magazine. CEL is a privately funded non-profit organization serving the social and recreational needs of people of all ages with developmental and intellectual disabilities. At CEL, youth and adults are leading better lives through programs that provide a sense of belonging along with life and employment skills, recreation, fun, and social engagement.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
· At least one-year experience working with people with developmental disabilities preferred.
· Must have strong teamwork, communication and effective time management skills.
· Must have a valid driver’s license with no personal restrictions other than corrective lenses.
· Able to become PACE certified preferred; i.e. be at least 23 years old, pass a physical, pass a drug/alcohol
test, written driving test and over-the-road test.
· Possess general knowledge of games, sports, group activities and other recreation and leisure interests.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Jobs@CenterForEnrichedLiving.org. Applications/inquires received missing a resume and cover letter will not be reviewed.