The HR Specialist provides administrative support to employees and the Human Resources team. Responsible for a full-spectrum of administrative and general HR support, including recruiting, administrating employee changes, salary determination, orientation, and other critical service functions for managers and employees. Individual accountabilities and work volume will be established through the development of annual Success Objectives outlined below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Employee Customer Service
- Provides positive and proactive front-line employee customer service – resolving questions and concerns and providing employees and managers with requested information
- Assists department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures and provides customer service to employees, contractors and vendors.
- Participates in process improvement efforts and department projects
- Acts as primary point of contact for employee and manager related questions and informational needs
- Supports administration of departmental inboxes (for employee and applicant questions)
- Coordinates employee administration: processes employee changes, enters employee data in HR systems, ensures employee/administrative changes have been properly completed in various systems
- Directly coordinates the recruiting and on-boarding process
- Performs requisition and new hire administration
- Compiles and maintains HR records for the files, including background checks, new hire paperwork and related documentation for new employee orientation
- Performs salary determination process
- Creates and runs reports related to employee data as requested to support people-related decisions.
- Assists in maintaining data integrity through audit trails and other checks
- In accord with applicable department guidelines, examines employee files to answer routine inquiries and provide information to Managers and other authorized persons to meet service needs and facilitate employee administration.
- Performs general administrative support functions for the HR Generalists and Business Partners
Events, Projects and Other and Support
- Prepares materials and meeting space for new employee orientation, Training sessions, and other department-sponsored events as assigned. Ensures that all materials, handouts and presentations are complete and up to date.
- Supports and directly assists with job fairs and other recruiting initiatives, employee benefits initiatives, such as the annual open enrollment process and 401K meetings, and other employee engagement and training programs
- Other duties may be assigned.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Quality – Focus on quality of the final outcome versus on a specific transactional piece; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality; High attention to detail
- Quantity – Thinks of alternative methods to improve efficiency/service; Able to process a high volume of employee changes in an efficient manner; Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity.
- Technical Competency – Demonstrates proficient technical skills and capacity to develop.
- Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Proactively informs and manages expectations when more time is needed
- Ethics and Accountability – Adheres to organizational and departmental ethics and confidentiality standards
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Participates on teams and demonstrates willingness to help others with work
- Dependability - Is consistently at work and on time. Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Associates Degree or the equivalent and two years of related administrative experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with ADP preferred.
- Other Skills: High degree of technical competency, attention to detail/accuracy and excellent organization skills required. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-productivity environment essential.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Conversational proficiency in Spanish, French, or Arabic is a plus.
- Computer Skills: Must have demonstrated skill in use of word processing, spreadsheet and database software; human resource systems; and Internet software.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to key handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Full Employee Benefits to include:
Paid Time Off
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply to requisition 5227