1904 Franklin Street
Aspire Education Project is unique: in addition to offering high-quality tutoring, we are also a non-profit committed to combating educational inequity across the Bay Area. This means that we work with students across the income spectrum to deliver the educational resources they need, whether that be in-class tutoring at local high schools or SAT prep classes for students who will be the first in their families to attend college. All our vital non-profit work is driven by our private tutoring, which follows the traditional one-on-one tutoring format. We are thus able to offer our tutors an unparalleled variety of teaching and tutoring opportunities.
We are seeking experienced, dynamic educators with strong academic backgrounds who are interested in working one‐on‐one and in classroom settings across the East Bay and San Francisco.
- Have a talent for connecting with students, one-on-one and in groups. They can demonstrably build relationships, create structure, model effective study habits, and ultimately get results from students who struggle with motivation, content gaps, poor study skills, and learning differences
- Have at least one year of tutoring, teaching or coaching experience
- Are intelligent, knowledgeable about their chosen subjects, and have a passion for pedagogy
- Fundamentally enjoy working with young people from all backgrounds
- Can demonstrate that they are reliable communicators who will respond promptly to the Aspire Team, colleagues, parents, and students
- Are excited about joining a powerful team of fellow educators
- Are committed to tackling educational inequity
All experienced candidates are encouraged to apply, but our most in-demand subjects right now are French, STEM subjects and Test Prep (SAT, ACT, ISEE, SSAT, HSPT). Candidates who are strong across the board in both STEM subjects and english/language arts subjects are especially encouraged to apply, as are those with experience coaching executive functioning, organization, and study skills.
Logistically, tutors must have a somewhat open schedule during peak tutoring hours, which run from 3pm to 7pm on weekdays and during the daytimes on weekends. Having access to reliable transportation is also important, whether that be a bike or a car. Our tutoring services take place across the East Bay in homes, classrooms and libraries.
Aspire is committed to hiring tutors who reflect the diversity of the students we serve, which is why we strongly encourage women and people of color to apply.
For more information about our organization, please visit aspireeducation.org.
Compensation is $25/hour to $50/hour, depending on experience and type of tutoring.
We also offer our tutors travel time pay, an unparalleled variety of teaching and tutoring opportunities, and - most importantly - the support and collaboration that comes with being a member of one of the East Bay's best-loved tutoring teams.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In your email, please indicate what subjects you are willing and able to teach.