Assesses parents and families' needs and concerns. Responsibilities include: completing needs assessments, follow-up surveys, and action plans; case management services. Plans and implements monthly parent meetings; and maintains records.
Under the direction of the Program Manager:
1. Schedules home visits with parents.
2. Completes the Baseline and Follow-up forms at each home visit.
3. Makes appropriate referrals to social service agencies; follows-up with status of referrals and enters all information in data collection system. Confirms clients have appropriate resources (transportation, interpretation assistance) to access services.
4. Conducts monthly calls to parents to invite them to the monthly parent sessions.
5. Develops and implements parent sessions, per program requirements.
6. Tracks parent attendance per program protocol.
7. Oversees the logistics and any other matters related to the monthly sessions.
8. Coordinates activities of the Community Advisory Board (CAB) members at each monthly session, as needed.
9. Provides logistical and programmatic support for the CAB meetings, if applicable.
10. Arranges opportunities for advocacy that involve the CAB members, if applicable.
11. Coordinates the student volunteers; and, at parent session track and record SSL hours, providing copies to Identity administration as well
12. Attends and actively participates in required trainings and meetings
13. Supports Identity's mission and values. Continually looks for ways to improve the organization and works in alignment with Identity's strategic goals. Brings best self to workplace and shares ideas and suggestions.
1. Participates in Identity’s advocacy activities
2. Assists other program staff
3. Assists with excursions and special events when needed
4. Performs other duties as assigned, required, or needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or GED required
· One (1) year working in a social services environment preferred
· Must be able to pass federal criminal background check and a Child Protective Services background check
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Bilingual English/Spanish required
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrates reliability, attention to detail, and resourcefulness in work
· Demonstrates sound judgment
· Prioritizes and organizes multiple tasks to meet deadlines indicating good problem solving skills, effective and efficient use of resources, and flexibility in working schedule
· Maintains composure under pressure and promptly resolves urgent situations with patience and professionalism
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build rapport with others while upholding strong customer orientation
· Defuses situations with minimal disruption
· Works collaboratively with diverse clients and staff at all levels
· Practices with a strong code of ethics and integrity, and fulfills obligations
· Requires travel between sites e.g. office, home visits, school. Valid driver's license required.
· Continuous sitting for prolonged periods, more than two consecutive hours in an 8-hour day interspersed with mobility.
· Keyboard use of greater or equal to 50% of the workday.
· The ability to lift and move up to 10lbs.
· Semi-private office or open work area occasional noise and with controlled air temperature.
· Must be able to work a flexible forty (40) hour work week including evenings and weekends.
Identity offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance; and health reimbursement accounts. In addition, we offer a 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid holidays, and generous paid time off. As an added benefit, Identity offers several opportunities for professional training.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish Required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume.