450 Woodland Ave
Foodshare has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Finance and Administration. With a commitment to integrity and transparency, the qualified candidate will be responsible for leadership and management of financial, technology, data management, and administrative functions for Foodshare, a $30 million non-profit organization.
Finance, Budgeting, and Accounting
- Ensure accurate and timely execution of financial analysis and monitoring, financial reporting, and accounting.
- Develop, maintain, and document effective fiscal policies, systems, procedures and internal control structure.
- Develop, coordinate, and document processes related to annual organization-wide operating budget, grant/program budgets, capital budget, multi-year forecast, mid-year budget reprojection, and monthly variance reporting processes in accordance with deadlines.
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, donations processing and receipting, and fixed assets recordkeeping functions. Forecast and manage cash flow.
- In conjunction with other Foodshare staff, as appropriate, develop, monitor and report on government and other grants budgets in accordance with relevant restrictions, guidelines and deadlines.
- Maintain all aspects of general ledger, including journal entries, allocations, monthly and year end close, account reconciliations and all levels of reporting.
- Prepare and provide to auditor all information related to annual financial statement audit, federal single audit, tax return, and any other fiscal audits.
- Ensure that all federal, state and local tax/compliance filings are complete, accurate and filed in a timely basis.
- Plan, develop, and execute all procedures involving cash receipts for major fundraising events.
- Support board’s finance, audit and retirement plan committees.
Technology, Data Management, and Administration
- Provide high level support for the technology and database functions within the organization.
- Oversee and supervise the administrative function of the organization including payroll, reception, purchasing, office equipment, insurance, and record retention.
- Oversee the management of all contracts and other financial commitments as well as annual insurance renewal.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or similar required; MBA, MPA, MS in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years financial management experience required, including non-profit accounting and financial reporting experience. Experience in oversight of IT a plus.
- Previous experience managing and motivating employees required.
- Excellent computer skills; strong experience with Microsoft Excel and extensive knowledge of accounting and reporting software required; experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate across teams as well as work independently.
- Ability to communicate financial concepts and information in non-financial terms.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements:
No phone calls please.
Foodshare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Foodshare maintains a drug-free workplace.