600 California St, 11th floor
Taproot Foundation, a national nonprofit, connects nonprofits and social change organizations with skilled volunteers through pro bono service. Taproot is creating a world where organizations dedicated to social change have full access—through pro bono service—to the marketing, strategy, HR, and IT resources they need to be most effective. Since 2001, Taproot’s skilled volunteers have served 3,700 social change organizations providing 1.5 million hours of work worth over $152 million in value. Taproot is a national organization with offices in New York, Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, and Los Angeles and leads a network of global pro bono providers in over 23 countries around the world. www.taprootfoundation.org
Taproot’s Advisory Services team has worked with over 75 companies to unlock corporate talent that drives social change. Our work connects social sector organizations with world-class support. Through our work, we also help companies reach key business objectives and provide professionals with unique opportunities for learning, growth and impact. We are trusted advisors to our clients, advocates for our nonprofit partners, and leaders in the field of corporate pro bono. We constantly push the boundaries of what pro bono can accomplish – not only for the companies we serve, but for society as a whole.
ABOUT THE CONSULTANT ROLE
The Taproot Foundation is seeking a dynamic professional to join its Advisory Services team. This job is ideal for a passionate consultant with the desire and facility to collaborate with a team and clients working across the full spectrum of the program development life cycle – from developing new pro bono service programs, to improving existing ones, to scaling initiatives nationally or internationally.
The Advisory Services Consultant will join a vibrant team that has local, national, and international reach. They will be responsible for supporting and leading consulting engagements across Taproot’s growing portfolio of corporate clients. The Consultant will also contribute to targeted initiatives to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the Advisory Services practice, as well as efforts to continue to build the field of pro bono service broadly.
Delivery of Consulting Engagements
- Lead and support the management of corporate client engagements. This includes driving strategic program development, managing client relationships and relationships with nonprofit partners, producing deliverables, and occasionally managing other team members on discrete engagements. This also includes developing and executing targeted trainings, workshops, and events that support engagement work, as needed.
- Support senior members of the Advisory Services practice to cultivate and grow client relationships. Responsibilities could include: supporting prospecting, industry research, proposal development, and attending client development meetings.
- Support the development of the corporate pro bono service movement broadly. Collaborate with practice leadership on new and innovative strategic initiatives to build the pro bono marketplace.
- Embody Taproot’s thought leadership. Share the expertise of the Advisory Services practice externally and advance the pro bono movement through the development of new thought leadership. Could include researching, analyzing trends, and developing new tools and written pieces, as relevant.
Internal Practice Development
- Strengthen the Advisory Services Practice. Generate content and support operational development for the Advisory Services practice at large as the practice continues to grow. Actively enhance the processes and knowledge base driving the practice’s consulting delivery.
- Develop and share best practices. Contribute to Taproot’s knowledge base and enable its dissemination internally across all programs.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- You are passionate about – and have demonstrated experience in – client services, Corporate Social Responsibility, and/or nonprofit capacity building. You understand the impact pro bono service can have in making positive social change, and you thrive on working with and partnering with innovative companies.
- You are a strategic builder and communicator. You’ve worked with corporate and/or nonprofit leaders on a day-today basis. You can design, develop, and implement highly strategic programs. You understand and can persuasively communicate the value that Advisory Services can offer to our corporate clients and nonprofit organizations.
- You are fanatical at project management, relationships, and the details. There are lots of moving parts to this work, and the team has to work effectively across a diverse set of stakeholders – from corporate executives, to nonprofit leaders, to internal stakeholders at Taproot. You know how to deliver excellent services effortlessly to all of these different groups.
- You are always looking for the next challenge, are charged up by an entrepreneurial opportunity, and take ambiguity in stride. You don’t get fazed by emails from clients to ask for help at the last minute, or doing something out of the ordinary to make a client and nonprofit partner happy. In fact, you’re all for it. You may have worked in a startup or small firm.
- You are naturally curious, creative, and want to build something. You love ideas, talking to people and building a deep understanding of what they do – from engineers to sales to product and executives from around the world. And you’re excited by the challenge of figuring out how you can help companies build programs that leverage the skills of their employees for social good.
- You have an exceptional track record of successful client and relationship management in a service industry. You have 5+ years of professional experience of which at least 2 years of experience are in a relevant consulting or professional services function.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required