Details: PHS offers a competitive salary and beneftis package.
100 North 20th Street
This role serves as a division representative and liaison to key funding agencies for contract execution and management needs regarding the organization’s work progress and contract compliance. The Contract Manager is responsible for managing and updating the system that supports and oversees key programmatic initiatives and reporting finances and outcomes on a monthly and quarterly basis. The scope of work includes the oversight and tracking of project data and budgets, preparing funding reports, tracking and forecasting annual project revenues and expenses, and supporting development of new contracts, applications and budgets. This role collaborates with the division management team to establish and maintain an overall tracking system for each funding contract, including a detailed assessment of contract compliance requirements.
Contract planning and preparation
· Support development of scope of work and budgets, and contracts in accordance with federal, state and city contractual obligations and deliverables.
· Work with the Chief Financial Officer to oversee contractual compliance throughout the organization.
· Work with the division management team, Development department and the Finance department to ensure funder applications and contract language meets PHS scope and budget needs.
· Prepare Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) with partner organizations and entities
· Prepare bid documents, analyze terms and conditions, PHS and funder procurement requirements and oversee implementation and compliance of contracts
· Compile contract documents with corresponding attachments (specs, drawings, bid forms, etc.)
· Conduct contract orientation meetings with project partners to ensure full understanding of contract/grants requirements, funded scope, deliverables, certificates of insurance, and timeframes
· Oversee contract conformance review process and prepare all contract amendments, as necessary.
· Design and review contract expenditure data maintained by division project managers. Track all contractual documents, change orders and invoices related to project implementation.
· Serve as point person for contractors and processing of implementation contracts.
· Track policies, procedures and best practices directly related to contracting with the Federal, State and City including changes in requirements, scope and budget
· Serve as initial communication liaison with grants managers of government and funding agencies, exercising good judgment when to escalate conversation to Chief of Programs and or Chief Financial Officer.
· Set up and maintain budget tracking systems for project teams
· Review project manager entries to budget tracking system for completeness an accuracy. Reconcile accounts on a monthly basis to general ledger and resolve any discrepancies timely.
· Monitor expenses and flag unspent balances for project managers
· Prepare invoices for all grant/contracts including all reimbursement invoices and facilitate invoice processing with the Finance Department
· Conduct fiscal year closing and budget planning assessments with project managers to ensure proper closing and projections for the PHS fiscal year budget
· Serve as a liaison to Finance Department to ensure ongoing coordination in setting budgets and assigning codes, and conduct contract reviews as needed
· Manage multiple funding sources for projects; ensuring projects are funded on division priorities.
· Prepare rolling forecast of annual division project needs, revenues and expenses for early identification of funding needs.
· Compile and update data rolling spreadsheet of proposed projects, contracts and status of both for each fiscal year
· Work with project managers to oversee the process of preparing project reports as per contract compliance requirements, which include project narratives, project budgets and PG database site information
· Gather, compile, edit and format reports
· Review deliverables, deadlines and contract requirements and take appropriate actions with project manager to assure PHS contract compliance
· Support needs of Finance department for Audits
Internal Database Management
· Coordinate database information needs for division project team needs including producing report and screening data for accuracy
· Support data import process with IT to prepare monthly tracking of project efforts and outcomes.
· Conduct ongoing work with IT to streamline database and accommodate new needs to capture the necessary project information
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
· Promote sustainability to individuals, other agencies and communities
· Participates in PHS events throughout the year including PHeaSt and the Philadelphia International Flower Show
· Helps to enlist new and retain existing donors by sharing the benefits of PHS membership with partners, advisors, program participants and others with whom carrying out our mission
· Remain current with organization information and changes
· Promotes the work of PHS Programs locally, regionally, and nationally.
· Communicates and implements the organization’s strategies, policies, and procedures to staff.
· Comply with the organization’s policies and procedures
· Promote and applies teamwork skills
· Notifies appropriate individuals promptly of problems or unusual matters of significance
· Execute emergency procedures in accordance with organizational standards
· Comply with safety regulations and procedures
· Attend appropriate meetings and training sessions
· Use sustainable practices whenever possible
This position has no direct reports
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting
· Minimum 3 years of experience in contract execution, financial management and reporting contract outcomes and finances to funders/ customer.
· Strong project management, organizational, and analytical skills, and a willingness to work as part of a team structure
· Proven ability to persuade and facilitate process to achieve desired results and deliverables
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to forecast annual project needs and funding sources accurately.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Access
· Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 6 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. This may include traveling to and from meetings and air travel. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
· Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments and locations on a timely basis.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, pulling, pushing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
· Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with members, constituents and staff members.
· Ability to perceive the nature of sound with or without a correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and make fine discriminations in sound.
· Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Minimum Education Required