Digital Marketing Manager (Spanish/English bilingual)
Details: $75,000-$85,000 DOE
Who We Are:
Founded in 2007, the National Domestic Workers Alliance organizes domestic workers in the United States for respect, recognition and labor standards. Through leadership development, strategic campaigns, and alliance building, we seek to help build a vibrant movement for social and global justice. As the social innovation hub of NDWA, Fair Care Labs (FCL) is charged with cultivating partnerships with the private sector leaders and launching sustainable technology to create a fairer future for the care industry. FCL utilizes technology to make work better for nannies, caregivers, and cleaners.
FCL is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to join our growing team. As the Marketing Manager, you’ll be developing engaging web/digital experiences that support our mission, positioning, marketing, and user acquisition goals. You’ll have the rare opportunity to shape the identity and voice of our innovative products and ventures and drive growth, scale and impact. As a team, we are collaborative and generally solve challenges together, and we are passionate about revolutionizing work for thousands of domestic workers across the country with the aim to undo legacies of generational racism and sexism that have shaped the care industry for decades.
In this role you will:
- Implement online and offline marketing campaigns including earned, social, and digital media, advertising, and channel partnerships.
- Take a data-driven approach to projects, using website, email, social media performance data, and other audience-related statistics to drive decisions and recommendations.
- Interface directly with target audiences to understand their motivations and inform brand position and messaging strategy.
- Work with Project Leads on developing strategies for customer employer/client facing acquisition and growth for our biggest venture, Alia.org, a portable benefits platform serving house cleaners.
- Create print and digital collateral to support marketing campaigns.
- Manage the creative process and develop/contribute to brand consistency across various projects.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer acquisition via social media advertising and viral marketing to inform strategy.
- Develop presentations that effectively represent the project/brand and assist in overall business development.
Candidates should have:
- At least 3 years of proven experience marketing and growing a large base of customers, users, or members
- An analytical mindset - you don’t need to be a data scientist, but you do need to understand how to measure and analyze data in order to evaluate audience growth and content performance.
- Experience writing compelling and creative advertising copy and marketing messages
- Bilingual Spanish/English written and spoken skills (required)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop) proficiency, preferred but not required
- Proficiency with GSuite
- Advanced expertise with digital media platforms, including digital content creation.
- Strong attention to detail and great project management skills, and generally have an awesome ability to make things happen.
- An entrepreneurial spirit: You’re an exceptional problem solver who is thoughtful and has a tendency towards action.
- A passion for, and understanding of, issues facing domestic workers, or low wage, immigrant or women of color populations, and agreement and alignment with NDWA and FCL’s vision and values.
While not required, a strong candidate might have one or more of the following:
- Experience managing innovative content marketing programs.
- A track record of scaling a digital product, building a loyal and engaged audience of tens of thousands of users.
- Experience working with and communicating with low wage workers, immigrants, and/or women of color populations.
- Competitive salary
- Full and generous health, dental, vision and paid time off benefits
- Location - New York City or flexible for working remotely
Generous Benefits, including full coverage of health, dental and vision insurance for employees and their families; 5+ weeks of paid time off annually (prorated to the start date, including 3 weeks of office closure, most federal holidays, 12 days of vacation, and 12 sick days).
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish/English bilingual required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume, cover letter and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org and put Digital Marketing Manager in the subject line. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Please include a daytime phone number where we can contact you. Applicant reviews and interviews to begin in early June 2018.
We are committed to building and fostering a diverse team, so people of color, people from poor and working class backgrounds, LGBTQ folks, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon sex, race, national origin, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.