237 South Desplaines Street
Title: Staffing Account Manager
Reports to: Director of Cara Connects
Since 1991, Cara Chicago has placed more than 6,300 motivated job seekers into permanent, quality employment at average wages nearly $1.00 higher than the Illinois minimum wage and with a one-year retention rate of more than 70% (20 points higher than national one-year employment retention rates for similar industries). As a social enterprise and staffing arm of Cara, Cara Connects is looking to continue to diversify its client base and grow revenue in order to meet and surpass budget.
Purpose: To complete necessary business operations and assist in the placement of staffing candidates into quality, temporary and permanent jobs by collaborating with established Cara Connects employment / referral partners.
· Assist the Director of Cara Connects in sourcing skilled candidates and securing quality temporary and permanent job placement to set them up for ongoing, long-term success.
· Steward an active network of established Cara Connects employment partners using strong concierge-level relationship-building skills, and sourcing capable candidates to meet their hiring needs.
· Complete the onboarding process with new staffing candidates including tax paperwork, timesheet training, employee handbook, etc. and interface effectively with community partners to coordinate candidate referrals
· Assist payroll by collecting timesheets from workers and worksites, auditing them, and entering hours accurately into ADP as needed
· Draft various documents as assigned (certificate of assignment, placement sheet, proof of income, etc.).
· Work with candidates to review job requirements and other employer expectations.
· Collaborate directly with the Placement team through effective communication and a teamwork mentality.
· Complete accurate and timely data-entry into Salesforce.
· Place calls with employment partners to ensure payments are collected in a timely manner.
· Uphold Cara’s mission and values.
· Bachelor’s degree and two to five years of experience, workforce development training (ex. Front Line Focus Institute), sales or business background preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook required. Salesforce experience highly preferred.
· Shows initiative to follow-up with candidates and employment partners in a timely manner.
· Has demonstrated ability to be well-organized and prioritize tasks.
· A positive attitude that is driven by a focus on possibilities and not on limitations.
· Must enjoy working with an adult population from challenged backgrounds and experiences.
· Organizational skills with the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of unexpected obstacles.
· Effective communication skills to deliver corporate goals, respond to market trends and meet unexpected challenges involved with functioning in a fast paced sales environment.
Cara Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary history to: email@example.com
Minimum Education Required