IHI is a leading innovator in health and health care improvement worldwide. For more than 25 years, we have partnered with visionaries, leaders, and front-line practitioners around the globe to spark bold, inventive ways to improve the health of individuals and populations. Recognized as an innovator, convener, trustworthy partner, and driver of results, we are the first place to turn for expertise, help, and encouragement for anyone, anywhere who wants to change health and health care profoundly for the better. Learn more at ihi.org.
The receptionist/human resources assistant is the most visible position at IHI. This position is often the first point of contact for IHI guests, customers, potential candidates and vendors. This position requires a person who can build rapport quickly with IHI visitors, customers and potential candidates as well as IHI staff.
The Receptionist/Human Resources Assistant is a member of the Human Resources Team and provides daily support including but not limited to managing the CHRO's calendar and meeting preparation, scheduling interviews and supporting benefits administration. This position is also responsible for office product ordering, mail distribution, and the company-wide MBTA transit pass program.
- Welcome IHI guests, customers and potential candidates and ensures all visitors are greeted by their hosts in a timely manner or are shown to their correct destinations.
- Answers IHI's security phone line and ensures visitors have cleared building security.
- Manage the Chief Human Resources Officer calendar and assist with meeting preparation.
- Assist the Talent Acquisition team with scheduling job applicant interviews.
- Assist the Benefit Administration team with auditing invoices, setting up meetings and responding to e-mail.
- Retrieve and distribute incoming mail and packages. Notify staff when packages arrive in the reception area.
- Assist with the outgoing mail.
- Administer the MBTA T-pass program.
- Act as liaison with IHI's storage company, Iron Mountain, and request inventory reports from the company biannually.
- Manage staff mailbox system and order name plates for new hires.
- Partner with the Facilities Manager on potential issues with the building.
Position Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal communication skills - ability to develop rapport with a wide array of people.
- Experience writing with clarity and accuracy.
- Commitment to an equitable work environment and strong values to enhance our culture
- Reliable and dependable
- Self-starter that works well with limited guidance
- Ability to set priorities and understand important next steps in the work.
- Well organized and pays close attention to details.
- Composure in high stress situations
- Likes working with people and details
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
- Previous work experience in a professional environment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.