Details: Depending on experience
KLRU, Austin's PBS station, seeks a full-time Executive Assistant & Secretary to the Board to provide administrative support to the CEO, COO, Senior Vice Presidents, Board of Directors, and Community Advisory Board. This role requires the exercise of initiative, independent judgment and advanced administrative skills applied to a wide range of work situations that may involve sensitive and confidential information
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Completes a broad variety of administrative duties including managing active calendars, monitoring and responding to emails, organizing travel and agendas and completing expense reports.
· Coordinates executive team meetings agenda and prepares an account of meetings and designates/monitors/follows up on assigned action items.
· Conducts research as directed and assembles materials needed to support the executive team.
· Drafts reports, backgrounders and correspondence.
· As the Secretary to the Board, serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and its activities, including:
· Selecting location and coordinating logistical requirements for Board and committee meetings
· Sending out meeting notices, preparing the agendas and posting to board web page
· Attending and taking minutes of Board and committee meetings
· Identifying follow up actions and monitor the status of completion for such items
· Filing and retaining minutes and materials in a secure confidential manner and in accordance with CPB requirements
· Updating Board of Directors website
· Provide assistance as needed to front desk operations to include but is not limited to,
· Answering phones, accepting package and other deliveries, lunchtime relief, and greeting and signing in visitors/guests.
Knowledge and Skills required:
· 5+ years in an administrative support role at an executive level.
· Non-profit, social sciences, and/or public media experience a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and relationship building skills.
· Highly organized, problem solving, efficient and self-directing in a multi-tasking environment with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to work effectively independently and with frequent interruptions
· Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Docs and aptitude for quickly learning new software tools.
· Conversational proficiency in Spanish a plus
Employer paid premium for employee's group medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Employee paid dependent coverage available. Generous retirement plan - eligible after one year of employment. Generous paid leave including vacation, sick leave, floating holidays, 11 company holidays, and more.
Level of Language Proficiency
Conversational Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required