The Asia Foundation’s San Francisco Office is seeking a Human Resources Benefits Administrator. Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer to provide essential support of the day-to-day human resources operations. The ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills, time-management, organizational skills, and familiar with MS Office suite.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain integrity and accurate information in the HRIS system including new hires, transfers, terminations, and any qualifying event changes
- Assist with management of the applicant tracking flow requirements and recruitment process
- Coordinate with other HR staff to ensure HR documents are accurately maintained and complete in accordance with state and federal regulations
- Respond to requests for employee information, including employment verifications
- Create New Hire and Termination packages
- Assist with HR forms management and required postings and notices
- Prepare requests for payment of department invoices
- Prepare employee service awards
- Respond to audit requests and conduct internal Employee HR File audits
- Administer the SPOT bonus program
- Review employee status changes to determine applicable continuity of benefits for domestic and international employees.
- Interfaces with payroll department and/or employees/retirees to ensure proper benefits deductions or payments are made on a timely basis.
- Provide support to streamline employee onboarding processes and assist with CA new hire orientation
- Assist in developing and updating HR Policies and Procedures as needed
- Assist with COBRA administration
- Answer and respond to employee questions and requests via telephone and email communication.
- Researches and provides information to participants via verbal or written
- Determine leave of absence eligibility
- Ensure compliance with City, State, and Federal - ordinances, and labor law-posting requirements.
- Resolve benefit issues through liaison with carriers and other internal/external contacts.
- Respond to benefit inquiries, disability claims and/or unemployment claims.
- Assist with annual Open Enrollment processes for domestic and international employees.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 1 -2 years of experience in an office environment providing administrative support, benefits administration, and extensive interaction with internal and external customers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills with-Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
- Ability to learn additional computer systems and programs as required
- Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments and meet tight deadlines with conflicting priorities
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information in a clear and effective manner to all levels of employees.
- Basic math skills, including percentage, salary, and accrual calculations
This is a full-time hourly position with excellent benefits located in downtown San Francisco, with easy access to public transportation. This position offers a competitive salary based on experience.
We offer medical, dental, vision, 403b retirement plan, vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, pretax benefits, and additional insurances.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply:
Applications should be submitted by visiting our website: http://asiafoundation.org/about/careers/and selecting “Regular Employment”. We will only consider applicants who apply online and include both their cover letter, resume, and answer the assessment questions provided. Please upload your cover letter and resume in one document. You can also upload both in separate documents but please note, to do so, you will have to sign out of the system and go back into your record for additional documents. Applicant must submit their application prior to the closing date of 5:00 PM PST on Friday, October 5, 2018.