Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
80 Maiden Lane
About The Association of Junior Leagues International (“AJLI”):
Founded in 1901 by social activist Mary Harriman, The Junior League has evolved into one of the oldest, largest and most effective women’s volunteer organizations in the world, encompassing 150,000 women in 291 Leagues in four countries.
Our mandate has not wavered: to develop exceptionally qualified civic leaders who collaborate with community partners to identify a community’s most urgent needs and address them with meaningful and relevant programs and initiatives that not only improve lives and communities, but also change the way people think.
Position Title: Governance Coordinator
Reports to: Governance Manager
About the Governance Department: Governance is an integral part of AJLI. The Governance team is responsible for maintaining and updating Governance Records, and overseeing all aspects of Board and Committee meetings, by working closely and in collaboration with the Executive Director and various departments within the organization.
About the role: The Governance Coordinator will have a great learning and growth opportunity. The role will provide all administrative and coordinating aspects of AJLI’s Governance Department.
We are looking for someone who is always looking to do more and be a great asset to the team, not waiting to be directed to perform daily functions. Can work independently as well as function within a team. In order to be successful in this position you must be an outgoing and driven individual with a warm and friendly demeanor. Able to interact with executive level staff and AJLI’s Board of Directors.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Write, edit and post materials on public website and private website portal on a regular basis
- Help write, edit, compile and distribute Annual Business Meeting Materials
- Manage workflow for Annual Meeting’s need-based scholarship program
- Manage departmental archives and maintain filing on a regular/scheduled basis
- Manage workflow for AJLI’s Governance Committee
- Assist with all Board and committee meeting logistics including coordination of travel schedules, catering orders, supply orders, mailings, expense reports and other event/meeting needs as they arise
- Provide general administrative support to the Executive office as assigned
- Back up receptionist as scheduled
- Participate in cross-functional work groups as assigned
- Work on special projects as assigned by supervisor
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Exceptional verbal, written and listening communication skills. Emphasis on writing, proofreading / editing, and note taking skills
- Superior organization and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Experience with social media networking and web-based research and tools
- Ability to create, maintain and adjust organized filing systems, both hard copy and electronic
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Dropbox
- Flexibility in taking on varied tasks, often on short notice, with the understanding that priorities may shift mid-stream
- Ability to travel in order to staff week-end and full-week conferences and/or Board meetings several times a year - availability for overtime and weekend work
- Ability to participate in weekday evening conference calls or webinars from home, sometimes acting as technical lead
AJLI offers a competitive benefits package with Medical, Dental, Group Vision, Life Insurance, LTD, AD&D, EAP, 5 FSA plans, and a 403(b) Thrift Pension Plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent English; Spanish and French a plus. We currently have Leagues in Mexico, Canada and the UK.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume:
by Email to: email@example.com (Preferred)
by Fax to: (212) 481-7196
Or by US Postal Service to:
Human Resources Department
The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc.
80 Maiden Lane, Suite 1504
New York, New York 10038
Please add the position title you are applying for in the subject line of your correspondence.
Individual applicants only. No Solicitors or Agencies please. AJLI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit our website: https://www.ajli.org