Director of Development
Based at the Presidio Graduate School (PGS) – San Francisco Campus or Seattle Campus.
About Presidio Graduate School:
Presidio Graduate School (PGS) educates and inspires a new generation of skilled, visionary and enterprising leaders to transform business and public policy to create a more just, prosperous and sustainable world. PGS is a hub for sustainability innovation and impact that lies in the nexus of commerce, policy and the common good.
PGS is headquartered in San Francisco and also offers programing in Seattle. The institution offers three degree programs in sustainability management: MBA, MPA, and a Dual MBA/MPA. It also offers certificate programs in Energy, Leadership, and Operations. 1800 Alumni have graduated from the school since its founding in 2003.
The Director of Development is a full-time position reporting to the Vice President of Operations. S/he will design and execute on a comprehensive development strategy for PGS, working on both traditional and online campaigns, as well as ongoing fundraising efforts. S/he is responsible for developing and implementing all work required to reach annual targets and will establish approaches aligned with fundraising best practices.
This role is comprehensive. The Director of Development will handle all stages of the fundraising cycle from prospect research to solicitations. S/he will act as primary liaison with the Development Committee of the Board and the President. There are no direct reports, but the Director of Development works alongside key staff including the Director of Marketing & Communications and the Community Engagement Manager. This position also closely coordinates with the school’s senior leadership, including the Provost, to plan alumni outreach, execute meetings, manage solicitations, create reports, and produce special events throughout the year.
- Strategic fund development that builds a culture of philanthropy and sustains organizational growth
- Development of a comprehensive fundraising plan to lead PGS toward its vision and revenue goals
- Execution of fundraising strategies in support of all stages of the fundraising cycle, including discovery, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities.
- Management of all internal and external communications related to ongoing fundraising efforts with various constituents
- Personal management of an active donor and prospect portfolio of individuals and institutions in close collaboration with the Board and President
- Preparation of briefing materials for senior leadership and board members as appropriate to further donor relationships
- Maintenance of a robust donor database to track and analyze fundraising activities
- Evaluation of development activities using appropriate ratios and metrics
- Design and manage appeals (e.g., direct mail, email, video, phone, and other channels)
- Write and produce donor and prospect proposals, reports, and correspondence
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy in all donor engagement activities and follow-through
- Manage and execute against an annual calendar of quality donor events
- Interest and/or experience in the area of sustainability (private or public sector)
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree (or equivalent)
- Three to five years fundraising experience
- Demonstrated effectiveness in relationship building and solicitation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with attention to detail and the ability to create a compelling case for support
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency and/or familiarity with fundraising software system(s) and integration for effective fundraising
- Ability to travel to conduct in-person visits in and outside of the Bay Area
- Special events management experience
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Presidio Graduate School offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, and tuition assistance for employees and family members – when full time.
How to Apply:
Presidio Graduate School is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit www.presidio.edu. To apply for this position, please email your letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. In the subject line, please put “Director of Development.”
The position will remain open until it is filled.
Excellent Benefits and an opportunity to make a difference in the world.
Minimum Education Required