Details: Hourly and competitive. Based on Experience.
411 East Clinton Avenue
The JCC Young People's Chorus @ Thurnauer School of Music, an affiliate of the Young People's Chorus of New York City is looking for a part-time choral conductor to cover a maternity leave for October and the first week of November.
We are looking for a conductor to cover all six choirs or some of the choirs listed below. The conductor would be responsible for teaching and preparing music for late fall and winter performances. All music and materials would be supplied. Conductors work with a piano accompanist and administrative assistant.
Mondays: October 8, 15, 22, 29, November 5
· Prelude Choir- 3:45-4:45pm, Ages 6-9 years
· Concert Choir- 5:00-6:45pm, Ages 10-18 years
Tuesdays: October 9, 16, 23, 30, November 6
· Cantare Choir- 3:00-4:45pm, Grades 3-5
· Young Men’s Choir- 5:15-6:00pm, Ages 11-18 years
Thursdays: October 11, 18, 25, November 8
· Dismus Middle School Choir – 2:30-4:00pm, Grades 6-8
Fridays: October 12, 19, 26, November 2, 9
· Melodia Choir- 3:00-4:45pm, Grades 1 & 2
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- A degree in music education, choral conducting, or voice performance
- Several years of experience teaching choral music to elementary or middle school-aged children.
- Ability to teach 3-4 part choral music
- Excellent conducting skills
- Knowledge about voice development and rehearsal practice
- Able to sing in tune and have a pleasant singing voice
- Skill with classroom management
- A talent for engaging children, lots of enthusiasm
Salary: hourly and competitive. Based on experience.
This position for a maternity leave, however, if the candidate is successful, there are opportunities for further work. Interested candidates should submit a résumé to Emma Brondolo, Director, Artistic Director.
Candidates are also welcome to call if they have questions at 201-569-7900 ext. 230.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required