160 Schermerhorn Street
The Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS), a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives invites applications for the following position at the Schermerhorn, a permanent supportive housing residence in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. The Schermerhorn houses 116 tenants many of whom have histories of mental illness, homelessness, substance abuse and/or HIV/AIDS.
Per Diem Case Manager
Responsibilities: Work with per diem social worker to provide a wide range of clinical services, including but not limited to: Wellness outreach to tenants; supportive counseling; facilitating organized activities; crisis intervention; assistance with self administration of medications; community escorts; coordination with hospitals/collateral providers and a variety of other case management tasks, as needed. The per diem case manager will document all client interactions in progress notes and a weekend program log to keep full time staff informed of tenant updates.
• High School diploma.
• One-year direct practice experience in mental health and/or Substance Abuse Treatment.
• A Bachelors Degree may substitute for one-year experience.
• Related experience working with mentally ill, chronically ill, substance abusing populations and/or homeless individuals is strongly preferred.
• Good verbal and written communications skills.
• Computer literacy.
Schedule: Friday evenings 4:30pm – 9pm & Saturday 10am – 4pm, alternate weekends. Friday arrival time can be negotiated for otherwise strong candidates. As needed, weeknight and holiday shifts may be offered, as per site coverage needs.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
- CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind