Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes the political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
In Libya, DRI has been supporting the constitution-drafting process and the work of Libyan civil society organisations on topics related to the constitution, human rights and local governance. Under this project, DRI will be working with its local partners and networks to create a conducive environment for the next steps of the political transition. To do so, DRI, in close cooperation with its local partners, will raise awareness among citizens (online and offline) on the relevance of democratic milestones of the transition and facilitate exchange between citizens and relevant political and institutional actors (such as representatives of the National Election Commission, the Constitution Drafting Assembly and others).
Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: 15 August 2018
Duration: Until December 2019, with the possibility of extension
Location: Tunis, Tunisia (with potential travels to Libya if the security situation allows)
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Project Assistant for its Libya country office in Tunis, Tunisia. In collaboration with, and under supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager you will support the Libya team in the project implementation with procurement and logistics.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Establish agreements with vendors and suppliers of project goods and consumables, credit facility and monthly invoicing;
- Prepare necessary procurement documentation according to donor requirements and DRI procurement policy;
- Assist in coordination of implementation of the project activities in Tunisia, such as the organisation of events, workshops, trainings, and briefings or meetings with key stakeholders and support the implementation of project activities in Libya;
- Provide logistical supports with regard to: venues booking, accommodation, arranging transportation, airport pick-ups and all other logistical arrangements related to the implementation of DRI Libya projects;
- Assist in the coordination of the missions of experts and travel of staff between Libya and Tunisia;
- Support the team in routine matters in relation to administration and financial activities of the project as well as the DRI Libya office in Tunis; such as scanning of financial documentations, archiving of the documents, etc.;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Qualifications we require:
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience with procurement and logistics;
- Proven work experience with organisations in which the working language is both English and Arabic;
- A proven network with vendors and suppliers inside Libya and Tunisia is a strong asset;
- Basic IT skills, including the work with Word and Excel;
- Good communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team;
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English is a requirement.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply!
Moreover, DRI offers you flexible working hours, training opportunities and working as part of an international and multicultural team.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) in one PDF document to email@example.com. Please include “Project Assistant (Libya)” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications**: 7 August 2018**. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline at the latest.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10
DRI offers you flexible working hours, training opportunities and working as part of an international and multicultural team.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English is a requirement.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
please send your application (cover letter and CV) in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Project Assistant (Libya)” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity.