One Acre Fund began in Kenya and Kenya is now one of our largest and fastest-growing countries of operation. Our vision for 2030 is to end hunger in Kenya and provide a pathway to prosperity for every farm family in the nation. One Acre Fund Kenya is transitioning from a start-up to a mature operation – and we need additional high performing staff members to continue our strong growth trajectory. Working with our Kenya team presents the opportunity to build upon our strong operational foundations and explore new ways to impact our well-established network of hundreds of thousands of farm families.
One Acre Fund is looking for an experienced, fiercely entrepreneurial, and humble leader to start our new Pay-As-You-Go Solar Sales Program. In this role, you will create and rapidly iterate on a new distribution model alongside One Acre Fund’s core operations that has the ability to distribute solar lights and other products to hundreds of thousands of clients annually. You will be responsible for moving this project from it’s pilot stage to scale by (1) designing a growth strategy, (2) monitoring performance in order to drive operational excellence, (3) using customer insights and business experiments to rapidly drive forward program improvements that result in excellent customer experience, and (4) building a high performing team that embodies the values of One Acre Fund. You excel in the ambiguity of a startup environment and you are eager to drive the success of this new sales model.
Responsibilities for this role would include, but are not limited to:
Strategy & Vision
- Design a strategy to scale the new program quickly within a budget and ambitious but achievable targets for the team to perform against.
- Monitor client experience, pricing, marketing, sales, distribution, and service of the Solar Sales Program while continuously creating improvements to the program.
- Use customer insights and rapid business experiments to generate improvements to to the program.
- Contribute to the setting of department-level OKRs, KPIs and project targets.
- Measure progress against goals, regularly report on progress, and hold team accountable to delivering results in key strategic areas.
- Build a high performing team and foster a culture that embraces One Acre Funds vision and values.
- Ensure that all staff receive effective mentorship to promote career growth.
- Regularly solicit feedback from the wider team and other departments.
- Participate in global solar product work and collaborate with other country programs.
- Serve as a leader and role model to the Kenya team at large. Embody One Acre Fund’s core values: Humble Service,
- Hard Work, Continual Growth, Family of Leaders, Dream Big, and Integrity.
- Ensure solar product specifications and requirements are understood by all external teams supporting distribution, training, repairs, and follow ups (Field Operations, Business Operations, etc.).
- Engage with product suppliers with the Global Inputs team to set strategy, align on expectations and provide product feedback.
- Research and understand key products and best practices in functional work areas at other organizations.
- Meet with and maintain relationships with key external solar product partners of One Acre Fund. This could include product suppliers, donors to One Acre Fund, consultants, and leaders from partner organizations.
- Participate in annual budgeting process, specifically for Solar Sales Program projects.
- Regularly review monthly actual spending against planned spending.
- Keeping the program operating to maximum efficiency.
- Financially model scale trajectories of the program
- Use insights gathered during the pilot to generate rapid improvements to the Solar Sales Program that will ensure we are offering a product clients love and we are creating a program that can scale rapidly and efficiently.
- Create excellence in all aspects of the program, including marketing, repayment, field staff management, distribution, and after-sales support.
- Develop a scalable hiring process for solar agents working in the Solar Sales Program and build a team with world class business professionalism that embodies One Acre Fund Values
- Integrate the Solar Sales Program seamlessly into One Acre Fund Core Program operations and systems as the program scales.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2-3+ years of work experience, and a demonstrated long-term passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree is required for this position with strong demonstrated previous work experience.
- Previous experience in rural solar sales preferred, but not required
- Strong data management and data analysis skills
- A broad knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of trial design preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Time management skills and ability to work independently
- Proven ability to be proactive
- Proven excellent attention to detail
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with patience and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
- Language: English required
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, housing, annual flights and other quality of life benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Minimum Education Required