Summary: Catholic Charities of Yolo-Solano (hereinafter “CCYS”) provides supportive services to low-income individuals and families in the counties of Yolo and Solano since 1942, offering services that promote human dignity and advance social justice. This position supports CCYS’s mission by strengthening families through health education.
The CalFresh Healthy Living (SNAP-Ed) program supports healthy, active, and nourished lifestyles by teaching Californians about good nutrition and how to stretch their food dollars.
CalFresh Healthy Living is administered at the state level by the California Department of Social Services (CDSS), the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), University of California CalFresh Nutrition Education Program (UC CalFresh), California Department of Aging (CDA), and Catholic Charities of California, Inc. (CCC), and delivered at the local level by Local Health Departments, UC Extension Offices, Area Agencies on Aging, and Local Catholic Charities Organizations.
NOTE: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Catholic Charities Yolo-Solano (CCYS) is seeking a full time Nutrition Coordinator for its Vallejo office. The CalFresh Healthy Living Nutrition Coordinator is responsible for the overall operations of CCYS’s CalFresh Healthy Living program in Yolo and Solano County. Responsibilities include training and supervising nutrition educator; planning, assigning, and directing Policy, System, and Environmental interventions; partnering and collaborating with community sites and organizations, and serving as a member in county coalitions.
• Oversee all program components and ensure the agency meets all outlined program deliverables.
• Become fully versed in CalFresh Healthy Living project goals, objectives, activities, expected outcomes, and the Integrated Work Plan.
• Liaison with Catholic Charities of California, the State Implementing Agency (SIA) and CDSS, the funding agency. Respond to requests for documentation in a timely manner.
• Recruit, train and supervise program educators.
• Assist and cover Nutrition Educator’s responsibilities when needed.
• Work with program staff to plan, implement, and maintain multi-level program implementations at community sites.
• Work with CCYS Leadership to develop program budget and provide budget oversight.
• Connect program activities with other agency services and programs, where appropriate.
Community Assessment & Engagement Activities
• Conduct community assessment activities specifically outlined in the three-year CalFresh Healthy Living work plan for implementation of evidence-based interventions.
• Conduct community engagement activities to increase local community participation in CalFresh Healthy Living activities.
Coordination & Collaboration
• Maintain existing partnerships with program sites and community organizations and collaborate to recruit participants and implement program activities.
• Establish new sites to deliver services in the local community and maintain county Site Lists.
• Liaison with Local Implementing Agencies (LIAs) in the development of county Integrated WorkPlans (IWPs) and in coordination of county program activities.
• Serve as a primary point of contact for partner organizations.
• Participate in county coalitions that align with program work.
Trainings and Technical Assistance
• Attend and participate in program trainings (some require overnight stays) and incorporate learned information in program delivery.
• Provide training and technical assistance to program educator, as appropriate.
• Provide training and technical assistance to partner site staff and volunteers in support of the implementation of program interventions.
Program Data & Reporting
• Ensure all agency program data is collected, tracked, and reported accurately and completely into the Program Evaluation and Reporting System (PEARS) on a monthly basis.
• Maintain program management documents and provide regular updates.
• Capture photos, videos, and written testimonials to highlight participant and program success stories.
● Demonstrate a fundamental respect for the dignity of others.
● Understands and values quality improvement, able to effectively address overlapping projects and deadlines. Adaptable and reliable in the face of conflict, crisis, or changing priorities
● A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion, valuing a diversity of perspectives and encouraging contributions by all team members
● High analytical abilities to process large amounts of data from multiple sources
● Ability to prioritize across multiple types of work and coordinate the work of others
● Ability to network and interact internally and externally
● Experience serving clients from many different cultures
Master’s Degree in Community Health, Public Health, or related field preferred; or three years related work experience. Two years of experience in a supervisor role preferred.
• Understands CCYS mission and is responsible, adaptive, resourceful, innovative & solution focused and team oriented.
• Demonstrated knowledge in the implementation of Health and Nutrition Programs.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
• Proficient in technology, computer operation, word processing and spreadsheets, specifically using Microsoft Office Suite, and/or Google G-Suite. The ability to learn new data-base systems.
• Detail oriented, highly organized, thorough, and accurate.
• Ability to assume responsibility and work independently in an organized and trustworthy manner.
• Actively engages in problem solving; Seeks resolution of conflicts. Is organized, efficient, and effective; Sets goals for work tasks: Identifies priority issues; Meets productivity standards.
• Availability to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
• Must have reliable transportation, able to provide California's driver license, and able to travel to community locations within Solano County.
• Able to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
• Bilingual (Spanish or Tagalog) preferred.
Summary: Catholic Charities of Yolo-Solano (hereinafter “CCYS”) provides supportive services to low-income individuals and families in the counties of Yolo and Solano since 1942, offering services that promote human dignity and advance…
· Bilingual (Spanish or Tagalog) preferred.
· Bilingual (Spanish or Tagalog) preferred.
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted and required to fill out additional supplement forms.