Community Partners offers expert guidance, essential services, and a strong dose of passion to help foster, launch, and grow creative solutions to community challenges. For 25 years, hundreds of individuals, groups, foundations and other institutions have worked with Community Partners to create new nonprofit projects, establish coalitions, and manage major philanthropic initiatives to benefit the region.
Across all program areas, Community Partners works toward our organizational vision: A vibrant society in which individuals and institutions use knowledge, resources, and relationships to build equitable, democratic and thriving communities.
Our work includes:
We provide the structure, finance and administrative services, expert counsel and connections that help nonprofit leaders succeed.
We help foundations, corporations, government agencies and other institutions achieve greater impact.
We offer workshops, reports, speaking engagements and a range of publications to help strengthen the field.
Community Partners today works with upwards of 163 fiscally-sponsored projects and 15 initiatives and manages roughly $44 million in revenues annually. Our work spans the fields of civic engagement, arts and culture, education, social justice, health, public policy, social services and youth. To learn more, please visit us at www.CommunityPartners.org.
Community Partners seeks a full time, hourly (non-exempt) Contracts and Grants Associate. Reporting to Director of Grants and Risk Management, this position assists the department with contracts, finance and other related activities as assigned.
- Review Independent Contractor Request forms for accuracy on contract scope; prepare all vendor contracts for execution, including independent contractor agreements for a variety of services, leases, venue use agreements and license agreements – approximately 20-40 hrs/week
- Review project cash flow to ensure that all projects maintain appropriate operating reserves
- Review amendment requests, draft contracts and distribute for execution. Evaluate contract requests as to type of contract, terms, conditions, deliverables, and assure consistency with program mission, cash flow, Federal rules and nonprofit best practices
- Assist with the preparation of the annual insurance renewal
- Review Insurance and Lobbying Performance Reports (PPR) for accuracy, communicate any necessary changes to projects, and update PPR with corrections
- Assist with creating the insurance allocation spreadsheet
- Work with insurance company throughout the year on insurance requests and the unique risk aspects of fiscal sponsorship
- Work on insurance email management and coordinate with the insurance team on maintaining the insurance activity spreadsheet
- Work with senior finance associate, project leaders and program assistant to add new projects to the general liability policy
- Assist with monthly insurance journal entries
- Review revenue, expense and personnel accounts to ensure accuracy of entries
- In collaboration with the insurance team, provide problem solving support to project leaders in securing solicitation information cards, liquor licenses or city permits for special events
- Work with the insurance team to monitor solicitation license permits, financial reporting, and monthly closing
- Prepare and process year-end representation letters
- Prepare cash and grants receivable confirmations
- Reconcile detailed grants receivable schedule
- Organize and assist with documentations for A133 government single audit
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts (petty cash, cash advance receivables)
- Assist with preparation of the rent schedule
- Coordinate other audit-related documents
- Assist in all areas of grant compliance and management for fiscally sponsored projects
- Regularly reconcile deposit suspense account in balance sheet
- Support work related to Sales Force for grants administration; open and close grant cases in system
- Draft invoices and submit to vendors
- Enter invoice data into AccuFund for tracking
- Assist with lobbying communication to projects
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) with a minimum of 5 years work experience with contracts, finance, and insurance.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, be highly attentive to detail, and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in MS Office and accounting software knowledge is required
- Ability to work well in a team environment and maintain a high degree of confidentiality due to the nature of the position
- Able to understand an issue and take initiative to develop and implement solutions
- Excellent client service and interpersonal skills, and a professional demeanor in communicating with staff members at all levels throughout the institution, and with vendors and others
- Familiarity with databases, including accounting and HR software contracts and finance’ or ‘contracts and/or finance
The employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, frequently required to walk and stand. The employee must also use his/her hands to operate office equipment and reach with hands and arms. Employee may occasionally climb, stoop, kneel or bend. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform essential job duties.
Benefits include paid holidays and vacation, a 403(b) plan with employer match, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, Metro pass, and a range of professional development opportunities. Community Partners has a 9/80 work week option under which employees may elect to work 80 hours in 9 days and take every other Friday off.
Community Partners® is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume as a single PDF attachment to: Jobs@CommunityPartners.org. Please include “Contract and Grants Associate” and your name in the subject line of your email.