201 South Street, Suite 615
About the Organization:
MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership (MENTOR) is the unifying champion for expanding quality youth mentoring relationships in the United States. For more than 25 years, MENTOR has served the mentoring field by providing a public voice; developing and delivering resources to mentoring programs nationwide; and promoting quality for mentoring through evidence-based standards, innovative research and essential tools. MENTOR has developed and supports a national network of local Affiliates that provide regional, state and local leadership and infrastructure necessary to support the expansion of quality mentoring relationships. Together, we engage with the private, public and nonprofit sectors to ensure that all youth have the support they need through mentoring relationships to succeed at home, school and, ultimately, work.
Commitment to Diversity:
MENTOR is committed to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion for all. We embrace our differences and celebrate our common humanity in advancing awareness of the need for and transformative power of supportive relationships for our young people. We believe that varied perspectives, experiences, and opinions are central assets in our mission to close the mentoring gap. As we seek to build the most complementary team when it comes to skill, perspective, and experience, we strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented communities to apply.
MENTOR is seeking a proactive, collaborative and detail-oriented Program Associate to join our growing national team in Boston, MA. Reporting to the Director of Program and Training Delivery, the Program Associate will help facilitate and support the National Mentoring Resource Center (NMRC), the Collaborative Mentoring Webinar Series (CMWS), and the National Mentoring Summit; while providing general administrative support to MENTOR’s program team to ensure the quality and accuracy of our work. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, comfortable engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders, and passionate about youth development and mentoring. They will have strong writing, communication, and organizational skills, and demonstrate the ability to plan, adapt, and juggle multiple priorities when needed.
National Mentoring Resource Center (NMRC):
- Enter data from Technical Assistance (TA) requests into the NMRC portal system
- Provide timely responses to troubleshooting/customer service requests from programs and TA Providers
- Create and analyze reports (monthly, semi-annually and as needed) to monitor the completion of key documentation, the quality of delivered services, and the spenddown of TA hours
- Manage and update NMRC materials and direct MENTOR staff and TA Providers to these materials as needed
- Complete outreach to mentoring organizations to coordinate/produce content for the NMRC Blog
- Provide logistical support for NMRC trainings, webinars, online modules, and meetings, including developing communications, managing outreach, and compiling materials and slides
- Coordinate the Office of Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) New Grantee Orientation, which provides an overview of grants management, performance assessment and resources for OJJDP grantees
Collaborative Mentoring Webinar Series (CMWS):
- Coordinate the planning and delivery of the CMWS for a national audience of mentoring practitioners, researchers, mentors and others
- Manage the planning process, selection of topics, and development of content in partnership with a planning committee
- Develop and deliver communications and outreach to promote webinars, and complete webinar follow-up
National Mentoring Summit:
- In partnership with the Chief Program Officer, coordinate the selection of 80+ National Mentoring Summit workshops
- Collaborate with events consultants to manage event communications, logistics and supplies to prepare for the 3 day event
General Administrative Support:
- Respond to general inquiries about MENTOR’s services and provide information about relevant opportunities to engage in and support MENTOR’s work
- Provide other general administrative and programmatic support as needed
- 1-2 years’ professional experience; experience in customer service or the youth development field a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, meticulous attention to details
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders, including external partners, vendors and contractors
- Experience in project management, preferably with complex systems involving many stakeholders a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce a plus
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
- Passion for supporting youth, preferably in the field of mentoring
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred
This is an outstanding opportunity to contribute to a highly effective nonprofit’s programmatic team. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Full benefits include health, dental, 403B, generous vacation, STD/LTD/Life Insurance, and paid professional development.
MENTOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Diversity of opinions, experiences, and backgrounds is a key asset.
Minimum Education Required