26 Marbury Road
Hope House Treatment Center is a non-profit dual diagnosis treatment center with locations in Crownsville and Laurel, Maryland. We are dedicated to providing men and women who are battling drug and alcohol addictions with the means to become healthy and productive citizens, equipped with the tools for a life of sobriety and recovery. We are staffed by a caring, experienced team of professionals that include addiction trained nurses, a physician, certified counselors, associate counselors, and treatment aides. We provide medical and nursing care twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Hope House Treatment Center is seeking a part-time or full-time Mental Health Counselor to join its team.
Responsibilities for the position include (but are not limited to):
- Conducting intakes/individual/group/family therapy with adults, adolescents & children.
- Documentation as to competencies in designing individualized treatment plans based on the needs of each client.
- Conducting an assessment interview and listing the client’s specific strengths and problems related to chemical use, physical and emotional functioning, and family and other cultural issues.
- Implementing individualized treatment plans utilizing internal or external programs services including vocational, education, spiritual, family, financial, recreational, mental, chemical, and physical health.
- Maintaining client record keeping systems.
- Completion of documentation and adhering to state regulations.
- Developing evaluated outcome criteria for each problem area identified in the individualized treatment plan.
- Completion of training plans/progress notes.
- Identifying the variety of chemical use problems that exist in the community to be served by the program:
- Pharmacological and behavioral effects of various chemicals
- Age and cultural aspects
- Short and long-term treatment implementation * Responsible for all aspects of treatment, planning, and coordination of treatment for an individual caseload of up to 20 people.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with agency personnel, county and state officials and the general public.
- Upholds quality assurances and best practices through delivery and communication of internal policies and procedures and Rule 31.
- Interacts with patients in a professional manner; demonstrating positive behaviors and serving as a role model.
- Presenting the program and organization to the public in a positive and supportive manner.
Qualification(s) for the position:
- A Master’s Degree or above from an accredited college with a major in a related human services field is required. LCPC, LCSW, LMFT a plus!
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain client and employee confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluation of situations and making decisions independently.
- Flexibility and the ability to quickly adapt to change in the work environment.
Hope House is looking for professionally minded individuals that will uphold our corporate values including unconditional kindness and professionalism. We have been in business for over thirty years, experiencing continual growth and name recognition in the field of drug and addiction rehabilitation.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurances
- Various supplemental insurance plans
- Sick, Vacation, and Personal Leave
- 403b Plan
Minimum Education Required