Details: Commensurate with experience
Why Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation: Does your work change lives? Does your work bring hope to the people you serve every day? If you join the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation staff team it will!
The Foundation is a dynamic organization serving more than 1.6 million patients through its research programs and a wide array of patient services. Every team member EMPOWERS patients and their families to make informed decisions about their own healthcare, INSPIRES by helping them tell their stories and CONNECTS the community so no one ever has to feel alone in their IBD journey.
Position Summary: Working with one of the country's most dynamic, progressive voluntary health organizations, you will be an integral part of the New Jersey Chapter team building the community of patients, families, and business partners who come together to provide resources for the Foundation's mission. As Development Coordinator you'll help accomplish our critical mission agenda by providing the critical back-office support including managing the data base, performing finance functions, and responding to constituent requests for support. Together we’ll reach the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's goals for funding our critical mission agenda.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide clerical support for all Take Steps Walks & Special Events.
- Provide administrative support in fundraising platform (Luminate Online) for all applicable events, including sending eblasts, updating website, and assisting participants with questions on registration, customizing webpage, etc.
- Provide support in recruiting and managing chapter volunteers for all events.
- Manage donor database including monthly additions, changes, and pulling reports.
- Provide administrative support to the chapter staff as needed.
- Responsible for all financial transactions and acknowledgements including accounts payable and accounts receivable. Maintain appropriate supporting documentation.
- Perform periodic and required close-out functions including reconciliation of accounts and preparation of monthly statements.
- Process tributes and memorials.
- A commitment to provide hope to our patients, professionals and wider community through the Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis walks.
- Enthusiasm to work collaboratively across departments at all levels of the organization (both internally & externally)
- A drive to succeed and a willingness to learn
- A commitment to embrace our core values of building trust, accountability, communication, compassion, integrity, leadership and resiliency
- College graduate or professional experience equivalent.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in non-profit sector preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including advanced knowledge of Excel and basic data management; Luminate/Convio knowledge a plus.
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, good driving record, access to reliable vehicle and proof of automobile insurance.
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with flexibility.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
Note: THE CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.
Minimum Education Required