Boston Opera House
539 Washington Street
The Boston Ballet Shop, a pop-up style retail space, is looking for temporary assistant managers to work during the holiday performance season at the Boston Opera House. This is a great opportunity to work for the Ballet in an exciting environment. Assistant Managers are eligible for two complimentary tickets to each production, dress rehearsal viewing, and discounted Boston Ballet School classes.
- Open the shop two hours prior to performances and close after patrons have exited the theatre lobby. A shift lasts approximately five hours.
- Oversee all shop activities at the Boston Opera House.
- Maintain the presentation and visual display of the shop.
- Manage, lead, and direct a staff of five to ten volunteers.
- Control all sales functions and reconcile all transactions.
- Replenish inventory.
- Communication with the Retail Manager concerning shop needs, sales information, and staffing.
- At least two years retail sales or restaurant experience
- Strong leadership skills, directing a group of volunteers
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and enjoyment of working with the public
Must be available to work during holidays: November 29 – December 31; including Christmas Eve and the week between Christmas and New Year’s.
Boston Ballet is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Assistant Managers are eligible for two complimentary tickets to each production, dress rehearsal viewing, and discounted Boston Ballet School classes.
Minimum Education Required