1020 John Street
Seattle Opera is accepting applications for the position of Graphic Designer. This full-time, exempt position reports to the Associate Director of Marketing.
SCOPE AND PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
This position maintains the design standards for the entire Seattle Opera organization as described in brand guidelines. The Graphic Designer will work with advertising managers, writers, web producers, freelance graphic designers, brand experts, photographers, and any staff requiring graphic design work.
- Create and manage the graphic design work for the company including designing direct mail, advertising, and publications.
- Work with Web Producer to maintain brand throughout digital platforms.
- Maintain and develop relationship with printers and other vendors to secure lowest available pricing yet high quality printing on time and budget.
- Assure the utmost accuracy in making corrections on all proofed projects.
- Oversee freelancers and vendors for all printed graphic projects through to completion.
- Work with photographers and other team members to concept and create hero photography. Assist in direction of staged photo shoots and make image adjustments if needed.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic arts or closely related field.
- Experience designing display advertising, brochures, postcards, and publications. Portfolio required.
- Knowledge of print production including preparation of files for print, image standards, and press checks.
- Must be proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Must be a self-motivated effective problem solver who thrives on juggling multiple projects with established deadlines. Strong project management skills essential. Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to handle pressure situations with tact and diplomacy, accomplishing objectives with a collaborative work style.
- Must be able to work with a variety of individuals whose experience with graphic design ranges from novice to extremely knowledgeable.
SUPERVISION & REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Position reports to: Associate Director of Marketing
Secondary reporting to Director of Marketing and Communications
Position indirectly supervises: Freelancers and photographers
A minimum of three years of graphic design experience with proven teamwork capabilities.
Exempt position; Salary range is $55,000-$60,000 depending on experience.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume, cover letter, and link to an online portfolio by email with “Graphic Designer” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Seattle Opera Mission
By drawing our community together and by offering opera’s unique fusion of music and drama, we create life-enhancing experiences that speak deeply to people’s hearts and minds.
Seattle Opera offers a generous benefit plan including bus pass, medical, dental, life and disability insurance.
Minimum Education Required