The Community Service Society (CSS) is an independent, not-for-profit organization that has been at the forefront of public policy innovations that support low-income New Yorkers for more than 170 years. CSS runs a statewide Navigator Network which annually helps 60,000 consumers find and enroll in health coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). It also runs Community Health Advocates (CHA), a statewide health consumer assistance program offering health insurance consumer assistance through a toll-free central hotline and a network of specialist agencies and community-based organizations (CBOs) which can help consumers and small businesses in the communities where they live and work. These services are free for New York health care consumers and small businesses.
CSS is hiring a Senior Program Administration Specialist/Navigator to join the CSS Navigator Network team at CSS’s headquarters in Manhattan. This person will provide scheduling support for the Navigator program and conduct individual enrollment assistance. Responsibilities include:
- Respond to telephone and written requests for enrollment appointments;
- Assist with program administration needs of Navigator Network
- Make referrals for in person enrollment assistance to Navigator Network agencies as appropriate;
- Provide technical support and assistance to partner agencies;
- Maintain thorough case records of services provided, advice and/or referrals offered
- Help individual and families enroll into the New York State of Heath Marketplace insurance options as needed;
- Other responsibilities identified by Supervisor.
- Competency in Spanish required
- Excellent telephone, counseling and communication skills required
- College or graduate degree in public health, social work, public administration preferred
- Experience providing enrollment assistance to consumers and/or advocacy on health insurance and health care access issues strongly preferred
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and keep detailed notes of all communications
- Research and data base management skills required
- Microsoft Office proficient
***This position is time limited through April 2019 with the possibility of extension.***
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish preferred.
Minimum Education Required