Details: $21 per hour
***Please note that this position requires the employee to work remote in either Rochester, NY or Buffalo, NY***
AFS-USA is part of a worldwide network of AFS partner organizations that work together to advance global education and foster meaningful connections across cultures. As the network’s largest partner, AFS-USA works to increase the global competency of U.S. citizens by providing a variety of international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities. We are proud of our Staff of approximately 200 dedicated individuals, working from our national office in New York City as well as home offices across the county, who collaborate with our more than 4,000 AFS-USA Volunteers to deliver high quality programs and global education resources. These include: immersion based study abroad experiences in over 40 countries worldwide; opportunities to host foreign AFS exchange students; and global learning workshops and curricula for educator, schools and businesses.
The Assistant Team Development Specialist is a part-time position that will report directly to the Senior Team Development Specialist. The primary role of the Assistant TDS will be to support the Sr. TDS and his/her team to ensure delivery of hosting and sending program goals, as well as provide ongoing support as needed to maintain high compliance numbers. Specific tasks and responsibilities will be defined and assigned by the Sr. TDS to ensure successful delivery across all programs and functions.
GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support assigned team(s) in developing and implementing recruitment & marketing strategies around sending, hosting family finding and liaison recruitment. This includes internet/ social media outreach, outbound calls to local organizations or individuals and other recruitment needs in the team(s).
- Work with volunteer teams to ensure compliance to all standards and regulations, especially as it relates to monthly contacts and other required in-person and in-home contacts with students and families.
- School outreach, including collecting School Placement Acceptance Forms (PAF) and working with school staff and administrators to promote AFS sending and hosting programs.
- Assist with sending lead generation, conversion and retention activities, which could include school presentations, school visits, college fairs, community events and info nights.
- Assist Sr. TDS, TDS & volunteers to identify and implement local events.
- Prepare and submit required expense and payment request forms for all private school tuition payments and required registration and book fees for hosted students.
- Assist Sr. TDS and TDS with other administrative duties as needed.
- Represent and deliver organizational decisions and priorities to the field
Position will be out-posted in designated areas and home-based. Local travel may be required, as will be some domestic travel to AFS meetings, training, or conferences. A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle will be needed for this position.
Daily and weekly hours are flexible but are commensurate with deadlines, budgets and milestone timelines. Evening and weekend work may be required. Mileage and other travel-related expenses will be reimbursable, within AFS-USA guidelines. Regular part-time employees who work under 20 hours per week are not eligible for insurance coverage, and are not entitled to vacation pay sick pay, personal days, or floating holidays.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills.
- Ability to maintain good rapport and cooperative relationships with staff and volunteers.
- Well organized, and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Computer literacy, including word processing, spreadsheets, email, database, and Internet applications. (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Docs, Google Maps, general database knowledge)
- Cross-cultural experience preferred but not necessary
- Ability to work with persons of diverse backgrounds
- Commitment to the mission and principles of AFS Intercultural Programs
AFS-USA is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. AFS-USA prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation, including behavior which targets an individual or group based on perceived or actual characteristics, such as but not limited to: race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, familial status, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, alienage, citizenship status, caregiver status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offense or stalking, unemployment status, status as a certified medical marijuana patient or any other legally protected classification.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Do you want to join the AFS-USA Team?! To apply, please click on the link. Please include your cover letter and resume in the application. No phone calls please.