Details: Salary range: $4,000 to $5,000 per month depending on experience.
1825 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Fair Elections Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, nonpartisan election reform and advocacy organization based in Washington, DC and established in 2017 to continue the work of the Fair Elections Legal Network (founded in 2006). Our mission is to remove barriers to registration and voting for traditionally underrepresented constituencies through legislative, legal and administrative reform, litigation, and technical assistance.
Fair Elections Center seeks a creative and energetic short-term (through November 2018) outreach manager to work on a new and innovative program aimed at expanding voter opportunity and engagement through expanding and improving the services provided to voters by poll workers. The project will focus on a variety of tools and methods to improve and innovate around poll worker recruitment.
Qualifications. Excellent communication skills are required. Outreach and/or organizing experience is preferred. The ideal candidate will be comfortable and skilled in cultivating, building and maintaining relationships with organizational partners, including in the private as well as nonprofit sectors. Experience with national or state level organizations and large businesses is preferred. Some knowledge of election administration and voting rights is preferred. Civic engagement, marketing, or business experience is a plus. Applicants should have a strong commitment to the organization’s mission, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a good sense of humor. Willingness to travel is required.
Duties and Responsibilities. Primary responsibilities include:
- Work as part of Fair Elections Center team to develop and expand the number of bilingual, technologically savvy poll workers working on Election Day;
- Conduct outreach to and build relationships with businesses, other election reform organizations, grasstops, election officials, and others to build capacity around recruiting poll workers;
- Help create written communications and related material geared to engaging the interest of businesses and other organizations around encouraging employees and constituents to serve as poll workers;
- Engage in outreach to state and local election officials to coordinate and expand poll worker recruitment initiatives;
- Assist in creating marketing material to improve the usage and profile of WorkElections.com, an innovative online tool used to promote and improve access to poll-working.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Fair Elections Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Please send cover letter and resume with “Outreach Manager” in the subject line to: email@example.com.