10455 White Granite Drive
The Director of Individual Giving plays an integral role in the successful implementation and ongoing fund development efforts at NVFS. The Director has primary responsibility for the development of an individual donor strategy, including the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors. The position reports to the Executive Vice President of Development and Communications and will work in tandem with the staff and board members to develop and grow the Northern Virginia Family Service individual giving program. All NVFS employees are expected to demonstrate the organizational values and sensitivity to the diversity of the organization’s client base.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop and implement an effective and comprehensive annual giving program that includes direct mail, electronic fundraising, honor and memorial gifts, online giving days and emerging platforms.
- Lead the Agency’s individual giving strategy, planning and carrying out identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual giving prospects.
- Develop strategy for engaging Agency’s robust network of volunteers as donors.
- Consistently monitor and evaluate all annual giving outreach and performance.
- Work in collaboration with communications staff to develop solicitation content.
- Develop appropriate cultivation and moves management strategies for existing Agency donors.
- Lead efforts to elevate annual giving donors to major gift level.
- Lead an effort to build a planned giving program.
- In collaboration with the EVP of Development and Communications, develop system for assigning portfolios of current and prospective major donors to Agency staff and board members.
- Collaborate with Agency leadership and program staff to set funding priorities, strategies and plan for execution.
- Maintain files in accordance with department requirements and NVFS guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree, plus 5-7 years of experience in nonprofit development with a focus on individual giving.
- Experience in integrating volunteer engagement outreach with annual giving strategy.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic office environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Emotional intelligence and strong orientation toward customer service (internally and externally).
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, lead projects, meet multiple concurrent deadlines, and organize time and priorities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and to work well as a member of a team.
Additional Requirements Include:
- Criminal history background check.
- May be called upon to work beyond normal working hours.
- Strong orientation toward customer service.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of a person so classified.
Northern Virginia Family Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant.
This is a benefited position.
NVFS is committed to providing a comprehensive, competitive and cost-effective benefits package that promotes a culture of employee well-being. NVFS shares a significant portion of the premium cost for employee and dependent health, dental and vision insurance, and provides a rich array of benefits offerings to meet the wide variety of employee needs.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Thank you for your interest in being part of the team. The Hiring Manager will contact you directly if your qualifications and experience appear to be a suitable match and you are selected for an interview. If you do not see a position that is right for you at this time, we hope you will revisit us to learn about future opportunities.