2 Marina Boulevard
BATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
The Managing Director:
● provides the operational leadership for BATS and has ultimate responsibility for the financial management of the organization;
● establishes and optimizes day-to-day systems and standards, and manages personnel to enable smooth, effective operations that increase the organization’s financial health and institutional stability;
● collaborates with the Artistic Director to ensure an optimum balance of artistic quality, financial strength, and institutional integrity;
● works with the Board, Artistic Director, and staff to develop a long-range plan for sustainable growth and prominence within the region and the industry;
● prepares and monitors an annual balanced budget and ensures that the organization meets or exceeds its goals for earned and contributed income;
● serves as the chief fundraiser of the organization and is actively involved in grants and donor cultivation and solicitation;
● works with staff to plan and implement marketing and sales strategies and promotional events;
● represents the organization (in partnership with the Artistic Director) and advances its relationship with various local and regional organizations through media appearances, public presentations and community affiliations ;
● reports to the Board of Directors; and
● attends Board meetings regularly.
The ideal candidate:
● has a proven record of effective leadership with five-plus years of management experience, including at least three years in the not-for-profit space and some experience in the performing arts;
● is an experienced supervisor with the ability and willingness to mentor and develop staff and to foster an atmosphere of collaboration throughout the organization;
● has experience operating with autonomy and taking appropriate initiative;
● demonstrates a passion for the vision and mission of BATS and the skill to translate both into a viable operating plan enacted with creativity, fiscal discipline, openness, and partnership with the organization’s stakeholders;
● has the ability to strategize, prioritize and respond nimbly to new opportunities;
● is a skilled financial manager with the proven ability to achieve income goals, manage expenses, and maintain positive year-end results in both stable and challenging economic environments;
● is an effective communicator (written and spoken) and collaborator (both leading and following) within and outside the organization, including with the press and the public;
● is a successful fundraiser;
● has an understanding of--and a demonstrable history of working on behalf of--issues of equity, justice, diversity and inclusion;
● has a working knowledge of and/or passion for improvisational theatre.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please use the following link to submit a cover letter and resume:
Please check your spam folder for messages from job.onerecruit.com
EMAIL APPLICATIONS NOT ACCEPTED