About the Organization
Awareness, Courage & Love (ACL) Global Project is a nonprofit organization that addresses the major public health issue of loneliness and social isolation, which increase the risk of premature death as much as excessive smoking, and more than excessive drinking, air pollution, or obesity. ACL Global Project brings to the general public the concepts of Functional Analytic Psychotherapy (FAP; co-created by Robert Kohlenberg, Ph.D., ABPP and Mavis Tsai., Ph.D.), a treatment using empirically supported principles that focuses on the healing power of present-moment authentic interactions. Our mission is to train leaders worldwide in ACL principles so that they can teach community members how to meet life’s challenges through deepening interpersonal connection and rising to live more true to themselves.
The project, before it became a nonprofit, was founded in 2016 by Dr. Tsai, a clinical psychologist and research scientist at the University of Washington, and the co-author of five books on FAP and over 75 articles and book chapters. She is a recipient of Washington State Psychological Association’s Distinguished Psychologist Award in recognition of outstanding contributions to knowledge in clinical psychology, and is a Fellow of the Association for Contextual Behavioral Science. Under her leadership, ACL Global Project is a rapidly expanding program that currently has chapter leaders in 104 cities, 27 countries and 6 continents.
ACL Global Project is looking to hire team members who can help fulfill our vision of ameliorating the worldwide loneliness epidemic and fostering interpersonal connection by creating ACL chapters in every city and every country. The organization is fully dedicated to the personal and professional development of every member of the team.
About the Position
ACL Global Project is seeking an Administrative Assistant to: 1) be responsible for specific administrative functions of ACL Global Project and managing resources efficiently; 2) work in partnership with other team members to achieve our mission The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Executive Director (ED) and the COO (Chief Operating Officer) and will collaborate closely with other staff members as follows:
● Work with the ED, COO and other staff members to develop, implement/upgrade/maintain organizational systems that affect and enhance operations
● Respond to inquiries from current and prospective ACL leaders
● Keep ACL website updated, including maintaining a library of resources for leaders and videos of leaders speaking about their local groups
● Participate in staff meetings, Zoom meetings with international ACL leaders, and in-person Seattle ACL meetings
● Maintain professionalism and confidentiality in sensitive communications
● Assist in developing, monitoring and reviewing improvement plans as needed
● Coordinate necessary logistics for events, including conferences and staff retreats
● Manage purchasing (procurement function) for the organization in accordance with our policies and recordkeeping—knowing our policy, different types of purchases, best practices for the process (e.g., getting 3 quotes), record keeping with eye to passing state and federal audits
● Compile and maintain the organization’s policies and procedures manual
● Help with social media tasks
● Other administrative tasks as needed
● Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate openly and effectively
● Disciplined, organized, and detail-oriented
● Ability to prioritize tasks and switch gears as needed
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Strong computer skills, including social media skills, and knowledge of Excel and database management systems
● High level of integrity, trust, accountability and judgment
● Commitment to the mission of living with Awareness, Courage & Love both personally and professionally
● Some college
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to LiveWithACL@gmail.com by March 6, 2020.
About the Organization
Awareness, Courage & Love (ACL) Global Project is a nonprofit organization that addresses the major public health issue of loneliness and social isolation, which increase the risk of premature death as much as…