Details: Starts at $20.73/hour
445 Church Street
Starts at $20.73/hour
POSITION SUMMARY: Child Care Resource and Referral is the entry point for many families into Children’s Council’s services. CCR&R I Specialists support families with access to quality child care; helping them to understand their child care options and how to access financial assistance. Specialists provide phone, walk-in and web-based child care referral services and related resources to families seeking care. Successful Specialists have a passion for helping families from a diversity of backgrounds to access high-quality child care that meets their needs and a dedication to continually improving our services. Specialists support all Children’s Council departments by connecting families to our other programmatic offerings and providing superior customer service. This position reports to the Associate Director of Parent Services.
One-on-One Supports to Families
• Working one-one-one with families to provide education on choosing quality child care, child care referrals, assistance applying for subsidies, and being responsive to families through followup support.
• Connects families to additional services, whether at Children’s Council or in the community.
• Participates in regular rotation schedule in CCR&R room, co-location at Human Services Agency, Call Center, and other administrative duties. Provides back-up support to front desk, as needed.
Knowledge Management and Learning
• Tracks family outcomes and regularly reflects on ways to improve services.
• Shares knowledge with and assists and learns from peers across the organization to deepen understanding of our services.
Additional duties as assigned, which may include individualized assignments (e.g., oversight of inprint materials, translation support, etc.).
• Associates Degree (may be substituted by 5 years relevant work experience).
• Basic knowledge of child development or child care.
• At least 2 years of professional work experience.
• Demonstrated ability to provide responsive one-to-one customer support.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate complicated process in understandable ways.
• Passion for helping families from a diversity of backgrounds access high-quality child care that meets their needs.
▪ Bilingual in both written and spoken English/Cantonese or English/Spanish.
• Mental acuity to perform the essential functions of this position in an accurate and timely fashion; to evaluate and make good judgments and decisions.
• Ability to sit for extended periods, work at a desk, and/or use a phone for extended amounts of time.
• Ability to speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in normal conversations and over the telephone.
• The ability to climb up to four flights of stairs, if needed.
• Manual dexterity to use a telephone, computer or other office equipment.
• Physical agility to bend, stoop, walk, and reach overhead.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "CCR&R I" in the subject line.
BENFITS: Children’s Council is a family-friendly workplace offering full-time eligible employees 22 days paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, 401K with employer match, and health/dental/vision benefits upon successful completion of 30-day introductory period.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish and/or English/Cantonese
Minimum Education Required