The Intake Coordinator helps provide direct service to our clients. The purpose of this position is to connect clients to the appropriate programs and staff at SCN and take them through the process of becoming a client. This will include an initial interview with each individual or family and relaying that information to funder-specific enrollment forms. The person in this position will need to be detail oriented and excited to communicate directly with our refugee and immigrant community. Arabic proficiency is required for this position.
Reports to: Director of Operations
- Interview new clients and their families.
- Coordinates and plans programs and activities based on identified needs as it relates to SCN’s programmatic offering, when required.
- Triage existing families’ issues to determine need, scope and establish appointment scheduling
- Understand the service provisions of SCN as an organization to determine whether and how a families’ needs could be addressed by the organization and to facilitate inter-organizational communication.
- Act as a frontline for initial organizational contact, including answering phone calls, outreach through social media or Whatsapp, and referral systems.
- Comply with SCN policies and procedures.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries in keeping with client services policies and procedures.
- Deliver client services in a culturally competent manner.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality considerations.
- Ensure intake and all documentation follows format set by the Director of Operations and related funders.
- Make appropriate external referrals and linkages as needed.
- Attend and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and with partner organizations as needed.
- Attend meetings and trainings at the discretion of the Director of Operations, including all required trainings and meetings hosted by funders.
- Support requests from the Development & Communications team for data or narratives to help support fundraising and external communications strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Understanding of Middle Eastern culture / Arabic speaking is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal with the demonstrated ability to engage with client base.
- Commitment to social justice and basic understanding of issues affecting refugees.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Google Products, Microsoft Office preferred.
- Inputs necessary data on a weekly basis at a minimum.
- Meets weekly with Director of Case Management to discuss team issues and ensure data integrity.