1212 4th Street SE #201
This position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing all external outreach efforts related to the recruitment of appropriate volunteer mentors. The Recruitment & Communications Specialist will attend volunteer fairs, give presentations, build partnerships with corporations and community groups, and utilize media outlets, including social media, in order to maximize agency mentor recruitment efforts.
Concurrently with mentor recruitment duties, the Recruitment & Communications Specialist will manage all external communications for the agency including social media outreach, advertising and visual productions, as well as marketing and public relations. In addition, this position will manage communications related to fundraising including agency newsletters, grant writing, stewardship communications, and general fundraising outreach.
Performance Measures: The successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: quantity and quality of outreach efforts, recruitment rate, male mentor recruitment rate, matching rate, match closure rate, match retention rate, and average match length. Related to communications, performance measures will include social media and website growth and adherence to the fundraising and communications plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment and Screening Duties:
- Adhere to all program and agency policies and procedures with emphasis on safety, professionalism, and efficiency.
- Assist in making determinations of volunteer participation in BEST Kids programs as mentors or other program volunteers based on results of background checks, reference checks, interviews, and any other data collected from volunteers.
- Develop and implement mentor recruitment plan, including identifying target audiences and strategies and tactics to reach each audience, partnership building, timeline and budgets.
- Attend and participate in annual program events such as the Annual Picnic, Winter Celebration, and Mentor Recognition events.
- Provide timely and sufficient information to potential mentors as they consider becoming a mentor.
- Identify and document safety issues or other concerns for volunteers and report to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Compile, analyze and report recruitment data and assist in making adjustments as necessary.
- Maintain timely and accurate records and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data.
- Explore and build meaningful, beneficial, and long-lasting partnerships throughout the community.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with potential mentors and representatives of corporations, faith-based groups, and other community organizations.
- Incorporate monetary giving as an option for involvement during recruitment activities including building development related partnerships with corporations and community groups.
Marketing and Communication Duties:
- Development and implement Marketing Plan for the agency inclusive of Mentor Recruitment and Fundraising strategies in cooperation with other staff members
- Manage all social media accounts and outreach for the agency including twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn among others.
- Assist in production of agency videos, marketing materials, advertisements and newsletters paying special attention to agency branding, mission, and values.
- Conduct presentations on behalf of the agency with various groups and stakeholders
- Develop and distribute Annual Report electronically and in print
- Assist with upkeep and revisions of agency website
- Collect and analyze data to drive marketing strategies
- Identify marketing and communication opportunities with outside companies, as well as work with 3rd parties for advertising and recruitment
- Attend and participate in all agency and department staff meetings
- Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment
- Attend and assist in planning and preparing for agency events
- Represent the programs department in agency fundraising activities, including workplace giving campaign fairs and presentations
- Provide program data for grant writing and reporting purposes
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Required