Details: $20-30 per hour DOE
610 Maynard Avenue South
OneWorld Now! is seeking an energetic, organized, and dedicated individual to join our program staff as the Global Leadership Program Co-Facilitator. The Global Leadership Program is an award-winning after-school world language and leadership program for Seattle area high school students. The leadership workshops use the experiential learning cycle to build social, emotional and intercultural skills, while fostering social justice values. The Leadership Program Co-Facilitator will work with other staff to deliver monthly workshops by planning and facilitating group activities.
The Leadership Program Co-Facilitator Main Responsibilities:
● Workshop planning: work collaboratively with staff and students to plan and prepare for Friday’s Leadership workshops.
● Workshop facilitation: lead and support workshop activities; develop, support, and counsel the student leadership team and peer facilitators.
● Attendance: maintain student attendance records, follow-up with tardy and/or absent students and their parents.
● Other tasks as assigned.
● Experience facilitating workshops and training sessions.
● Previous experience working with diverse groups of youth.
● Passionate commitment to social and economic justice.
● Sensitivity to and respect for diverse cultures and different communication styles.
● Team player and excellent communicator.
● Works well collaboratively and independently, and effectively manages time.
● Excellent role model for youth, demonstrated integrity and commitment, dynamic, engaging personality that connects with high school youth
● Strong organizational skills
● International experience and foreign language experience
Leadership workshops take place on the first Saturday of the month from 10:30 am to 3 pm, with additional planning meetings throughout the month.
Hours and pay rate: Non-exempt, part-time hourly position. 16-20 hours per month. Hourly rate is $20-$30 DOE. Must be authorized to work in the United States; OneWorld Now! does not sponsor visa applications or petitions.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
OneWorld Now! is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, multilingual and multicultural individuals, and LGBTQ individuals.
Position will remain open until filled and candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Jennifer Tanaka, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Leadership Co-facilitator” in the subject line.