Details: This is a full-time, salaried position, reporting directly to the Executive Director
Who are you?
“Purpose” is a big part of your vocabulary. The idea of re-imagining education is thrilling to you. You are excited by the idea of jumping headfirst into a creative environment with a small team who is passionate about the future of education and the impact and success our programs have already had. You would feel a sense of fulfillment in growing an innovative, out-of-the-box education program for high school students, particularly one that has already begun to show immense impact. Is this you? Then read on!
Who are we?
Open Future Institute (OFI) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to re-imagining education. We are not your typical 9-5 desk job. We are a small start-up on a mission. Our keystone program, The QUESTion Project, empowers high school students from underserved communities to shape their lives and future with meaning and purpose. The QUESTion Project is breaking barriers caused by economic disparity, and providing underserved youth with the social-emotional foundation and 21st century skills needed to pursue higher education and a future career. We do this by training teachers to run semester-long credit-bearing classes that support high school students in asking big life questions – i.e. Who am I? What is life all about? Why are we here? How can I find my purpose in life? For more info, please visit: http://openfutureinstitute.org
As a Teacher Trainer, you report to and work closely with the Founder & Director of the QUESTion Academy to create and deliver training to high school teachers, based on our innovative methodology and class structure. You enable teachers to facilitate their student’s QUEST for meaning, purpose and infinite possibilities. You also contribute to design and implement additional modules of our Teacher Training & Professional Development Program and the QUESTion Academy v.2.0. You are an all-star who is willing to take care of whatever is needed to support our mission.
· Deliver our program services in the NYC area and beyond
· Work with individual teachers, teacher teams, administrators and whole faculties
· Build strong relationships with principals and key staff at our partner schools, in order to support OFI’s mission and drive high program performance
· Train new teachers in the QUESTion Class methodology, co-facilitate professional development workshops and seminars
· Support existing teachers in a professional and collaborative capacity, both inside and outside of the classroom
· Strengthen and expand our network of teacher leaders, developing innovative ways to reach and support educators
· Develop an “ecosystem” of interconnected communication, collaboration, and resources that would provide teachers with the best resources to meet their needs
· Drive the creation and implementation of QUESTion Academy 2.0, blending on line and face-to face instructions and laying the foundation to scale
· Support the organization’s mission and workload through all aspects as needed. This includes and is not limited to supporting day-to-day office work and completion of team deliverables. We are a small team and all take on whatever may be needed.
Necessary Skills & Experience:
· MA in Education preferred
· 3-5 years teaching experience
· Experience training teachers and/or educators
· Experience in developing training programs preferred
· Knowledge of school reform movement, school culture and re-imagining education movement a plus
· Knowledge of web communication for support of networks of teachers and students a plus
· Ability to establish and foster relationships with cross sector partners and to work as a part of a collaborative team
· Ability to manage multiple partnerships
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to diverse audiences
· Demonstrated commitment to diversity, cross-cultural issues, and engagement with big life questions
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send you resume and your cover letter to email@example.com
In your cover letter, please tell us:
o Why you are passionate about our mission and why you are qualified for this role.
o Three short sentences that convey who you are:
§ On the surface
§ In the middle
§ Deep down
o Earliest start date
· Please also attach a persuasive writing sample (you can interpret what ‘persuasive’ means!)