Details: Competitive salary
PROGRAM: Chemical Dependency Treatment Program
HOURS: Monday – Friday 5:45am – 1:45pm
Rotating weekends and holidays 6:45am – 10:45am
Methadone Maintenance Outpatient Treatment Clinic
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
• A valid LPN license in state of NY.
• Current BLS CPR certification.
• One year of recent and direct experience in behavioral health preferred.
• Must Successfully Pass Criminal and Background Checks, NYS Justice Center Registry Clearance and Finger printing will be done prior to employment.
• Familiarity with JC, OASAS, DEA, DOH and OSHA standards.
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS:
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have the ability to multitask.
- Be able to critically think in a crisis situation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make medication management decisions pertaining to patient safety
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Computer literacy required.
- The CDTC team works with adults who have a history of substance abuse and co-occurring mental health issues.
- The staff is multidisciplinary, composed of a part time Medical Director and Psychiatrist, fulltime Program Director, Nursing Director, Registered Nurse, Behavioral Health Counselors, Licensed Social Worker and part time therapists.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse will provide medication management; provide injections such as Tuberculin Skin Tests, monitor patient status prior to medication and after medication. The LPN will work with the Medical in regards’ to assisting with physical and health assessments as needed.
- Some of the Nursing Responsibilities under the supervision of the Physician, Nurse Practitioner and or Registered Nurse include but are not limited to:
- Medication administration and monitoring.
- Maintenance of Medication database and logs.
- Assistance with health assessments and screenings.
- Provision of health and treatment education and support to patients.
- Communication with the medical, nursing, program directors, RN and other clinical staff and providers to coordinate care and obtain information, reports and notes.
- Provision of care and treatment under the direction of the physician, nurse practitioner or registered nurse.
- Assisting the Program Director as needed within the LPN’s scope of practice.
Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, etc.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Contact person: Sheila Rhodes, LCSW-R, METRO Program Director
Only those invited to interview will be contacted.