Details: The range is for a 70% FTE position
347 Beacon Street
The Payroll and A/P Administrator position oversees the routine finance functions of payroll, payables, and receivables. The position also maintains all personnel records either onsite or online as well as provides guidance on benefits to staff. And the position oversees all general office needs for Finance.
The Administrator will work closely with members of the Finance team and Program staff as well as with external stakeholders, vendors, and tenants or relevant clients.
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll and provides previews and schedules for review to Director of Finance.
- Prepares all periodic payroll reporting such as W2s and 1099s in concert with the payroll vendor.
- Ensures the organization remains compliant on all payroll related matters across Municipal, State, and Federal agencies.
- Promptly prepares payables on a weekly basis and maintains records of all accounts payables through our automated payables vendor Mineral Tree.
- Prepares all special benefit payments or transmissions either with payroll or as they arise to include: 403B, HSA, and Café 125. And works with any TPAs on related matters such as Plan Documents and Audits.
- Maintains personnel, onboarding, offboarding, and attendance records either onsite or online through our HRIS portal BambooHR.
- Performs all office tasks such as typing, filing, copying, supply purchasing, Wordbook sales, Gift Certificate sales, etc. as needed.
- Maintains accounts receivable by preparing invoices, posting payments, and contacting late paying customers (tenants).
- Becoming and remaining familiar with the policy and personnel manual as well as all benefits offered and be able to communicate those to staff.
- Working closely with Senior Accountant to resolve any accounting issues related to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, or Payroll.
- Prepares schedules and reports for the annual Audit as well as periodic Finance needs.
- Works in conjunction with Director of Finance to ensure relevant company Finance policies are up-to-date, functional, and efficient.
- Maintain close communication with the Director of Finance on these essential functions.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in use of MS Office, payroll software, other applicable software.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills: able to effectively convey thoughts and ideas with clarity.
- Ability to think analytically and use independent judgment proactively.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail: able to successfully manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to create and manage positive stakeholder relationships and support a positive and ethical department and organizational culture.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change as required and appropriate to core competencies.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position anticipated to be 70% FTE (only 25.4 hours/wk) paying in a range of 40K-45K with some benefits available (effective rate of $30-$34/hr). Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand as well as travel to and participation at Board Meetings at any of the organizational worksites.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, financial or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years of payroll, payables and office management experience in mid-level finance and accounting roles in the finance department of a small to medium-sized organization.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, financial or related field or equivalent work experience with certification or continuing education courses in payroll and/or payables management.
- 10 or more years of payroll, payables and office management or general HR experience in mid-level finance and accounting roles in the finance department of a small to medium-sized organization with a preference for non-profit experience.
- Preference for any of the following systems: ADP, automated payables, Great Plains, MS Office (Word and Excel intermediate)
Johnson O'Connor Research Foundation, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment upon any basis, including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, the Foundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits include paid time off and retirement with possibility for more.
Minimum Education Required