ImmSchools is an immigrant-led nonprofit organization that partners with educators and community leaders to ensure safe and inclusive schools for undocumented and mixed-status students and their families. We envision a just and equitable education system where immigrant and undocumented students and families thrive.
ImmSchools is seeking two types of Program Facilitators for our ImmSchools regions. Below are the facilitator descriptions:
- Professional Learning Facilitator: Facilitate ImmSchools’ professional development sessions for educators which include teachers, school staff and administrators.
- Community Facilitators: Facilitate family and student sessions on various topics related to immigration and education, and manage communications with immigrant students and family members through WhatsApp.
- Work closely with Regional Program Manager to execute programming
- Collaborate with regional program team to lead sessions and community events
- Program data entry and provide follow up and guidance to participants after sessions
- Be organized and complete basic data entry and administrative tasks after each session
- Managing relationships and communication with families
- Reports to Regional Program Manager and collaborates with ImmSchools national team as-needed
- Dynamic facilitation skills that engages multiple audiences which maintains retention in the program
- Adapt and tailor the workshops and resources for the geographic region and audience it will serve
- Design and deliver programming and session materials
- Incorporate feedback and recommendations throughout the process
- Timely delivery of work (pre-work, follow-up, team check-ins)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- An environment that values your work
- An inclusive-decision making model
- Flexible work schedule
- 5-10+ years of professional/personal experience of working with immigrant and undocumented communities highly preferred for Community Facilitator
- 1-3+ years of experience working as a former or current teacher or school staff *highly preferred for Professional Learning Facilitator
- You are passionate about equity, justice and community building
- Demonstrate cultural competency through familiarity in working with immigrants from a very diverse number of backgrounds such as undocumented Black, Asian and Latinx immigrants
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Bi- or Multilingual preferred (Spanish, Vietnamese, and Chinese/Mandarin)
APPLY BY SEPTEMBER 15, 11:59 PM EST:
Apply here and send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Region Program Facilitator"
For more information on applying, visit immschools.org/careers