3307 Third Ave W
About Seattle Pacific University
Founded in 1891, Seattle Pacific University has a long and distinguished history in Christian higher education. Its comprehensive academic programs serve more than 4,100 undergraduate and graduate students. Located just minutes from downtown Seattle, SPU seeks to be a premier Christian University fully committed to engaging the culture and changing the world by graduating people of competence and character, becoming people of wisdom, and modeling grace-filled community. Seattle Pacific University seeks applicants committed to its Christian mission. Due to our mission of cultural engagement, SPU is committed to building an excellent and diverse staff and teaching faculty. People from historically underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
General Summary: The Assistant Director of Visits and Events provides leadership and management for all visit programs and events sponsored by Undergraduate Admissions. Fully utilizes CRM to report on key performance indicators. Integrates this knowledge into refinement of processes and overall strategy. Always seeks to provide exceptional customer service. Plays a critical role in achieving enrollment goals.
- Manages all aspects of the campus visit and events experience and program logistics to provide the highest quality experience possible. With the assistance of two staff, student interns, and paid student ambassadors, this position plans visit experiences for individuals, groups, and attendees to main-stay events such as: Previews, Receptions, SPU Fridays, Summer Visit Days, etc.
- Builds programming that will attract and grow the number of campus visitors. Works creatively to develop new opportunities, on and off campus, for prospective students to engage with SPU and experience the Seattle advantage.
- Provides direction and training for staff and students who work with the visit program. Conducts regular meetings to ensure quality and accuracy of work and messages. Works to expand the size and impact of the visit and ambassador programs.
- Regularly analyzes data and produces summary reports for the director of admissions that describes outcomes of all activity in given time frame. Pays careful attention to and interprets patterns, analyzes statistics for each visit type, and evaluates itemized budget reports as necessary in order to grow the number and quality of campus visitors. Continual quality improvement analysis is expected.
- Promotes recruitment strategies across campus by developing relationships with staff, faculty, and departments that may play a role in admissions work and achievement of goals.
- Actively engages with other leaders as a member of Admission Leadership Team. Responsible for presenting agenda items and perspectives related to the visits and events program.
- Ability to develop relationships with students and leaders of ethnically diverse backgrounds through culturally responsive conversations and outreach events. Commitment to create visits and events that are accessible and welcoming to students from underrepresented backgrounds (students of color, first generation college students, etc.) is expected.
- Understands and is able to effectively communicate university policy, all academic programs, co-curricular activities, athletics, fine and performing arts and other such aspects of university life in order to fully represent the University.
- Collaborates regularly with the Assistant Director of Freshmen Recruitment to plan and market visits and events.
- Manages visit and event content on the admissions website. Collaborates with University Communications on management of home page as related to visit and event announcements and for technical projects or issues.
- Works with University Communications on marketing materials and communication related to visits and events. Manages marketing projects such as postcard announcements, paper invitations, and email banners for visits and events.
- Manages and maintains data related to events within form building software and CRM software. Works with Enrollment Operations to maintain the integrity and conversion of data between the two systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Master's Degree in related field is preferred.
- 2-3 years of progressive responsibilities in Undergraduate Admissions setting.
- 3-5 years of event planning experience especially related to admissions is preferred. .
- Experience planning events for college-bound students with exposure to current marketing trends.
- CRM and/or event planning system experience.
- Supervisory experience with a passion for supervising staff and students.
- Demonstrated excellent attention to detail, ability to manage many projects/events simultaneously,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to inspire and motivate people when communicating with them.
- Professional presence and appearance.
- Understanding of, commitment to, and ability to articulate SPU mission.
- Flexibility to respond to changing market environment by quickly developing new marketing strategies as needed.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; a
- Ability to work with students in potentially unstable situations regarding their admission and financial aid issues.
- Proven project management skills, strong organizational skills, and clear ability to manage a team of people.
- Flexibility to adapt work hours to peaks and valleys of the admissions calendar (including evenings and weekends).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Banner, SLATE CRM, Formstack, and Sitecore a plus.
- Valid Driver's License.
This is a full time, exempt staff position with medical, dental, vision, and tuition benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume along with completing the online application.