As a member of the IT team, we are counting on you to leverage our data toolset and electronic data warehouse to produce reports and visualizations, providing an opportunity to directly influence the organization's culture by utilizing data insights for business decisions and in direct support of our members. In this role, you will also chair the interdepartmental team empowered to define, implement and manage ACOG's data enablement program. To be successful in this position, you must be proficient in Microsoft SQL and have hands-on experience with a leading data visualization product. This is an exciting, new role for someone to positively impact our business, our members and the many women that they serve.
- Provide guidance to organization-wide analytics operations to ensure adherence to data quality standards
- Implement tools and strategies to translate raw data into valuable business insights
- Analyze data source systems to determine data availability and quality
- Build data analytics and reporting solutions, to include third party dashboard platform and PowerBI products, that will deliver trusted reporting enabling data-driven decisions
- Leverage hands-on experience to administer, manage and implement changes to ACOG's SQL environment
- Develop and utilize deep understanding of third party data lake and warehouse platform architecture, data repositories and data integration functionality to oversee operational activities and data strategy
- Chair interdepartmental team to establish and maintain an effective data governance program with policy implementation and enforcement
- Manage the development and release of data, reporting and analytics changes to production
- Continuously identify and implement data, reporting and analytics process improvements
- Assist with defining the data, reporting and analytics roadmap and long-term strategy
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field (i.e. Statistics, Data Management, Computer Science, Finance, Economics, etc.) and a minimum of three years of relevant work experience
- Minimum of three years of practical experience SQL experience including complex selection queries and performance considerations (SSRS & SSIS a plus)
- Working knowledge of relational and dimensional data modeling techniques
- Minimum of two years of experience utilizing business intelligence/data visualization tools such as Microsoft PowerBI or Tableau
- Solid understanding of data analysis techniques and processes coupled with a curious attitude toward information that can be gleaned from data
- Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels throughout the organization
- Our passionate team! Our team is led by experts in reproductive and maternal-fetal medicine, patient safety, and health care policy. We strongly believe in equal access for all women to high quality, safe health care. Our obsession with reducing maternal mortality, protecting access to contraception coverage, and addressing health disparities, has led to great strides in federal and state legislation. Join our team and help us advance the ob-gyn profession and women's health care.
- We love to learn! As an educational organization, ACOG provides learning opportunities to members and employees alike. Our learning opportunity benefits include tuition reimbursement, onsite instructor-led trainings, leadership development programs, and participation in professional organizations.
Our Perks:100% Paid Parental Leave – Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace – Work/Life Design (i.e. flexible work schedule) – Commuting Allowance – Generous Paid Time Off – Holiday Pay – Community Volunteering Opportunities – Generous 401(k) Company Contributions – Health Insurance – Learning Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement – Company-Sponsored Team Outings
ACOG is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As a federal government contractor and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, the College takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. The College also participates in E-Verify.
Minimum Education Required