305 7th Avenue
Sheltering Arms is proud to introduce itself as one of the providers of Collaborative for Children & Families (CCF), Health Home. Health Home is a network of providers who work together to care for Medicaid eligible children who have faced significant challenges to their physical, social, and emotional wellness. Together, the member agencies of CCF serve more than 35,000 children each day in foster care, preventive, and mental health programs.
CCF supports children and their families in New York City, Westchester, Suffolk, and Nassau counties. We have strong relationships in our communities rooted in decades of dedicated service. Our Care Managers work in partnership with a strong network of experienced organizations to coordinate the best resources and services available for the child’s mental, physical, and social well being.
Sheltering Arms is currently seeking Care Managers with experience in nursing for this new redesigned Manage Care System. The Care Managers will work closely with families to help navigate them through the healthcare system by assisting with access issues, developing relationships with service providers, and tracking interventions and outcomes.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Completes the initial and ongoing needs assessments (Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths; CANS) to determine the individual’s most appropriate level of care management.
- Responsible for the overall management of the patient’s Individual Plan of Care.
- Meets Care Management documentation requirements in a timely and accurate manner by effectively utilizing designated Care Management Portal (Medicaid Analytics Performance Portal; MAPP) and Electronic Health Records (EHRs) as needed.
- Promotes wellness and prevention by linking enrollees with resources and services based on their individual needs and preferences.
- Helps clients to obtain and maintain public benefits necessary to gain health care services, including Medicaid and cash assistance eligibility, Social Security, SNAP, housing, legal services, employment and training support.
Qualifications & Experience
Education and/or credential requirements are determined by children’s acuity level and require one or more of the following:
- Bachelor of Arts/Science with two years of experience OR
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse with two years of experience OR
- Master’s Degree in related field and/or experience (license preferred, LMSW or LCSW).
- Experience with Bridges to Health (B2H) a plus.
- Bilingual is a plus.
Sheltering Arms offer competitive employee benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, Commuter Benefits, Pension, 403(b) and other.
Minimum Education Required