475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: Director of Community House
REPORTS TO: Executive Director for Residential Services
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time (Management Team)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Director of Community House manages the day-to-day operations of the facility and creates and executes work plans to meet the ever changing needs of the establishment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Acts so as to represent Lutheran Social Service of New York’s mission, values, ethics, upholds agency Code of Conduct, and ensure adherence to agency policy and procedures by social service staff.
- Provides supervision and support to Supervisor of Social Services, Cook/Nutritional Health Specialist, Job Developer and Vocational Trainer via individual sessions, staff meetings, and in-house trainings.
- Monitors staff fulfillment of routine and additional assignments.
- Maintains compliance with standards set forth by program funding sources and develops clinically astute programming to ensure effective and rehabilitative environment for clients.
- Collaborates with the leasing division in addressing matters pertaining to renewal of leases, recertification requirements, collection of rent, legal increases to apartment value, evictions and other legal issues, and like matters.
- Partners with the building division to ensure compliance with routine building inspections and adherence to safety precautions and other building regulations as well as ensuring that facility is kept in good repair and in a clean and orderly condition.
- Supervises operation of the kitchen service and tends to matters involving collection of funds, ordering of food/supplies, safety and cleanliness standards, maintenance of equipment, and like matters.
- Compiles data and prepares reports for internal monitoring purposes as well as regular reporting to program funding sources, Executive Director for Residential Services, and Board of Directors.
- Responds to fiscal meetings and oversees budgets and spending for the project/program.
- Ascertains that client records are “audit-ready” at all times via in-house audits.
- Approves time cards, changes in schedule, and monitors staff attendance.
- Conducts client assessment and crisis intervention.
- Oversees and assists with Human Resource matters, ordering/monitoring of building and business supplies, scheduling of client activities, petty cash duties, and other tasks related to program functioning.
- Serves as liaison for on-site resources for clients as well as program representative for off-site resources and vendors/contractors, including development of relationships with community resources and other affiliates.
- Supervisor of Social Services, Cook/Nutritional Health Specialist, Job Developer, Vocational Trainer, and as necessary, Social service staff and Art Coordinator.
- Volunteers and interns as needed.
- Minimum of 5-years within the Social Service field
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working with substance abusers, HIV, formerly homeless and mentally ill populations
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates good oral and written expressive capabilities.
- Displays Time Management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments at once, and flexibility, including working some holidays and weekends.
- Exhibits strong leadership, clinical, administrative and supervision/management skills.
- Exhibits proficient knowledge of Internet Navigation, E-mail, and Microsoft Word.
- Bilingual a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all resumes and cover letters to the hiring supervisor, Rachel Bleecker, with "Director of Community House" in the subject line.
Director of Muhlenberg Residence
[with "Director of Community House" in the subject line.]
----LSSNY is and Equal Opportunity Employer----