GreatSchools is the leading national nonprofit empowering parents to unlock educational opportunities for their child. As a UX Designer, you’ll work closely with our product and engineering teams on the research, design, and implementation of our products and services. If you are a collaborative problem-solver who is ready to help use your talents to help millions of parents understand school information, find the right school for their child, and support learning at home, then this position is for you.
This is a full-time, exempt position located in Oakland, CA. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity in our workplace — education is a universal concern and we need people from all backgrounds to help parents navigate their options.
- Create world-class user-centered designs that address customer feedback, business requirements, and usability study findings.
- Develop userflows, wireframes, visual mockups/assets, style guides, and prototypes for responsive web and mobile user interfaces.
- Help run user research, test prototypes, and manage deliverables in an agile design sprint process.
- Professional experience as a UX designer, product designer, or similar role.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design methodologies and web/mobile design principles.
- Experience with design tools, like Sketch, InVision, and Photoshop.
- Hands on experience running user research sessions such as user interviews and usability testing.
- Experience working with product managers and engineers.
- To be considered for this position, you must include a cover letter and online portfolio.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, including salary requirements, along with your résumé and portfolio here. Your cover letter should include reasons why you want to work at GreatSchools. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
Minimum Education Required